• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cargo plane down in dubai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RIP to the crew...families are in my prayers.

Also curious if they released the names yet. I have a few friends at UPS on the 747-400

Godspeed. Prayers for the departed, their families, and all of you at Brown.

They left home for a few days like we all do. None of us really enjoy leaving our families, but that is how we pay the bills. God bless them and I pray they left no children behind.

The FO left behind a daughter I believe around 4 or 5 years old.

Not sure if names have been officially released, so I won't name him here, yet. The FO lived in Sanford, FL, leaving behind his wife and young daughter. He was a USMC Veteran, and is an alumni of Comair Aviation Academy & Chautauqua. His FB friends are mostly all in the know of the situation an tributes have been flowing steadily since the news broke. We are all deeply saddened by the tragic events and pray for his family.

Semper Fidelis, M.B. We'll miss you terribly...

Pilots Named by UPS

Captain Lampe, 48, has been with UPS since 1995. First Officer Bell, 38, has been with UPS since 2006. Both crewmembers flew out of UPS’s Anchorage, Alaska domicile, or pilot base.

The aircraft, tail number N571UP, was just three years old, entering UPS service off the Boeing production line in September 2007. The airframe had flown 9977 hours, completing 1764 takeoffs and landings. It was up to date on all maintenance, having just completed a major inspection in June 2010.

My prayers go to their families.

God rest and bless all freightdogs, and Semper Fi to the FO,nobody works,or flies harder,nobody.

I flew with the first officer numerous times. He was one of the sharpest, most professional individuals I ever flew with. Based on my experience flying with him, I feel he was in a no-win situation or he'd still be with us. RIP.

Latest resources

Back