Cargo Pilot Pay At Top Of Industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree.....

Cabatoge is a threat, because you are assuming that if cabatoge is opened up in the US, therre will be agreements with other countries to fly in thier countries.... With 80% of the air commerce in the US, we have too much too offer and the rest of the world, too little....

I use the martime industry....

How many US Ship captains are there? How many US registered ships are there?

The terrorist threat may limit foriegn pilots for a while....

Publishers?

Acmi

Publisher,

When you state the companies like Atlas, Evergreen and the like do not take any risk by not holding themselves out into the retail market. These companies have taken note of those companies that have held themselves out, like Airborne, Purolator, DHL, etc and have seen them clobbered by FEDEX and UPS. These companies understand the factors of economy of scale and market share. And realize that they can not compete with FEDEX or UPS. Instead they hold themselves out in a different market the ACMI market where the risks can be as great or greater than the retail market. These companies have their own markets which they kep trying to expand. Sometimes making it. Sometimes not.

What about that there residency requirement to haul postal freight?

Though any law is subject to be overturned....

Thank you Rick-- I was head of sales and marketing at EIA in the late 80's/ I know the difference and it is one between retail and capital risk where you at least have the asset. Unlike Airborne for example, they do not worry about ground delivery and all the other aspects of the retail business.

They make their money by investing in the iron and having someone else pay them to sub service.

My point was merely that these are different businesses and the same rules or nature of business need to be addressed differently.

FoxHunter said:
In 1995 a company named Cathay Pacific hired pilots outside their system seniority list to fly their freighters. Cathay used an organization named UPAS to recruit lower paid pilots. Most were American. UPAS was owned by another American organization called ALPA.

Cabotoge, for FedEx pilots, would be a great step forward. Not the party line at ALPA, but great for us. Sorry I don't trust you because you have no idea.:)

I don't have a idea?? Methinks you are the one who is clueless....Even your fearless leader Duane Woerth-less has recognized the danger of US flying being outsourced. The IPA (Do an Internet search to figure out who THEY are) have already seen a Chinese airline flying their freight thru ANC to their hub, under the cover of darkness.

My job flying freight at an ALPA airline has already been outsourced, so I don't really give a $hit.

freightdogfred said:
I don't have a idea?? Methinks you are the one who is clueless....Even your fearless leader Duane Woerth-less has recognized the danger of US flying being outsourced. The IPA (Do an Internet search to figure out who THEY are) have already seen a Chinese airline flying their freight thru ANC to their hub, under the cover of darkness.

My job flying freight at an ALPA airline has already been outsourced, so I don't really give a $hit.

Actually China airlines flies ANC-BNA carrying Dell computers. The deal was set up by UPS Supply Chain Solutions. You are incorrect in stating that China airlines flies to one of our "hubs".

Our next negotiation session will deal with scope issues. You can be sure that this specific issue and others ( Menlo ) will be brought up.

Last edited:
As pointed out in an earlier thread about the China Airlnes flights, Supply Chain Solutions serves as an arranger and the flights are really not UPS "product".

At Evergreen many years ago, Sun Microsystems did the same thing and that flight was arranged through a freight forwarder in SFO.

One thing that needs to be realized is that if you take the FEDEX overnight package and convert it to aircraft weight, you have very high yield flights.

At Menlo and UPS, much of the freight is low yield heavy freight at $.50lb or less.

Hey Av8or,
Who told you those foreign pilots are not well trained?
I've been flying in USA now for 5 years there is no such an easiest place to fly than here what that means?
It means pilots here have no experience or skills to fly anywhere else.
I've been flying with people here that has no clue about what a really bad wheater is and you flying into it.
I've also been flying with a lot of poeple who never even heard about VDF and when I explain them they get so surprise such a thing exist and still a form of navigation in several parts of the globe.
So Rez O is right and people like me with more than just an american citizenship will have good times getting a job on this new cabotage deal than americans like you that still think war is nice let's kick some a..
Busch is an i.... and he is only taking care of his retirement he doesn't even care about the who was responsible for the 9/11, yep been laden not only still at large as also he is in Saudi Arabia and neither Bush or the arabian shakes has interest in arrest him. If you doubt me just call his wife in Saudi arabia her phone is public as is also his sons and family whereabouts.
Impeach Busch is the only wise decision.

Ligeirinho said:
Hey Av8or,
Who told you those foreign pilots are not well trained?
I've been flying in USA now for 5 years there is no such an easiest place to fly than here what that means?
It means pilots here have no experience or skills to fly anywhere else.
I've been flying with people here that has no clue about what a really bad wheater is and you flying into it.
I've also been flying with a lot of poeple who never even heardaboutVDF and when I explain them they get so surprise such a thingexist andstill a form of navigation in several parts of the globe.
So Rez O is right and people like me with more than just anamericancitizenship will have good times getting a job on this newcabotagedeal than americans like you that still think war is nice let'skicksome a..
Busch is an i.... and he is only taking care of his retirementhedoesn't even care about the who was responsible for the 9/11, yepbeenladen not only still at large as also he is in Saudi Arabia andneitherBush or the arabian shakes has interest in arrest him. If youdoubt mejust call his wife in Saudi arabia her phone is public as isalso hissons and family whereabouts.
Impeach Busch is the only wise decision.

You've been watching to many Michael Moore movies.
You should kiss the ground every day for having the privilege to workin the U.S. And by the way, you need to invest in a dictionary.

Captain Morgan said:
I think they ask all those questions because they wonder why on God's green earth would we load a plane in the rain and get soak and wet on a dark dreary ramp in the middle of night and fight all kinds of weather known to man... I have one answer to their question,... "chicks dig it!"

No they don't bro, I've never gotten any tail for saying "hey baby, I'm a freight dog." :D

It's a nice thought tho.

Latest resources

Back