• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cargo job in a jet for a 1200hr pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want to stay in Fl try one of the Air Ambulance outfit in Fll/Fxe, You`ll get the best of both worlds, You`ll fly freight (patient) and you`ll have somebody to ask to for coffe (Nurse). And you`ll fly a almost brand new 30-year-old Lear.

saviboy said:
I go to home depot with my fake airline ID and all my aviation tie pins and I wait that an old lady asks me where is the garden departement and then I say with a big smile:"Ma'am I can't tell you where is the garden departement but I can fly anywhere in the US: I am an airline pilot!"

Riiiiiiighhtt.... So.. umm.. where do you work and.. is English your first language?

saviboy said:
Hi
I am looking for a Cargo job. Tired of flying passengers.
I have 1200tt 300me 230 turboprop SIC.
I am not interested in flying props anymore. I can move but finding something in FL would be great. I know I dont have enough time to try the big ones such as arrow, kalitta,etc... but I was thinking about a lear job or something like this
anybody with leads/advice?
thanks

Saviboy,

Find the best combination of schedule and pay that you can find and take whatever airplane comes with the deal. If that airplane is a freighter, than that is all the more a bonus. :D

I have never flown passengers, but I will say that I really enjoy flying cargo. Try it out, you might enjoy it. I know I have.

Just be advised, that there are some cargo jobs out there that require you to be on call 24/7. It isn't all that bad, but it isn't for everyone either.

speedbird1974 said:
Most outfits that fly auto freight are going to be like that. Some better, some worst.
Here are a few:
Ameristar, Murray Air, UsaJet, Kalitta charters, Royal Air, IFL, Cherry air...
A lot of them are 135 under 121 certificate. Some are based in the Detroit area and some down in Texas.
This type of flying is hard but very rewarding too. The pay could be pretty good if you stick around for a while and specially if you fly a lot.

Speedbird,

You hit the nail on the head. Not saying that anyplace else won't give you good experience, but flying on-demand freight is a great way to gain very good experience. As far as pay goes, I did quite well flying DA-20's, and I certainly made a lot more money than I could have anywhere else based on my experience at the time.

I miss props. If I could make the same ching and fly around a 310 for a living full of fedex or whatever I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's scheduled, no complaining pax, wear whatever you like, weekends off and no managment to deal with. What's not to like?

In what other field, can a middle school graduate make over $150,000 after 3 years?

You don't need middle school to be a pilot. Where else can a third grade drop out, three time felon with one eye and a limp go on to make $150,000 a year?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back