• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

They are on facebook

Friend me "cliff lapp" to see them.

cliff
NBO

PS-Here's some stuff that's not in the PIX. When we were at Dar-es-salaam the other day, we heard a massive roar while taxiing and looked over to the runway. A MIG was taking off. Mig-17? Mig-19? Something VERY old. It was VERY small, and made LOTS of noise. Didn't have time to take a pix. There is another crashed Mig just off the runway at Juba, and I WILL get a photo of it, at some point. Especially in Juba, I often see aircraft I don't recoginze. The last time in, there were 3 I didn't know.

Cliff,

I think last time I talked with you, you were married. Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else, but if you are, how is your wife doing with you flying over there? It sounds like you're having a blast.

Hi!

I am NOT having a blast, but it is better than being on unemployment, or working retail. And, my CEO likes that I am getting paid more than unemployment, or retail. We can afford to keep the house, which is nice.

My CEO is supposed to visit me next month, which will be great. I miss my two kids a lot. My CEO just told me that it is going OK, and if I can't find anything in Sep (my month off) I can come back for 6 more months.

I hope not, but if it's the best job I can get, I will take it. I am also hoping I can get the money and flying time as capt in the future (I've been FO so far). I have flown to Nairobi, Kenya-Juba, Sudan-Entebbe, Uganda-Mwanda, Dar-es-Salaam and Zanzibar, Tanzania-Kigali, Rwanda and Bujumbura, Burundi. We had one flight to Addis Abeba, but I did not fly that trip. We do lots of aid flying, especially to Juba, which I like doing a lot. We are supposed to get a 2nd airplane soon, which may help me fly as captain.

cliff
NBO

Hi!

They are on facebook

Friend me "cliff lapp" to see them.

cliff
NBO

PS-Here's some stuff that's not in the PIX. When we were at Dar-es-salaam the other day, we heard a massive roar while taxiing and looked over to the runway. A MIG was taking off. Mig-17? Mig-19? Something VERY old. It was VERY small, and made LOTS of noise. Didn't have time to take a pix. There is another crashed Mig just off the runway at Juba, and I WILL get a photo of it, at some point. Especially in Juba, I often see aircraft I don't recoginze. The last time in, there were 3 I didn't know.

I took off right behind some SU-30 Flankers in India when I was out there. Once I had 3 of them use me for intercept practice out there too. Had one go right under me, and zipped past my wing.

Guess?

Hey Cliffy, who wears the pants in your marriage?
He calls her the CEO, I have only met her once at a company party, she was wearing a pant suit.

I let my wife wear the pants in the family for the most part. That frees up my time for important things like golf, fishing, wrenching on the car, and flying. :)

Latest resources

Back