Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
191024822066.jpg

ultrarunner said:
No kidding. It's a 9500 foot runway. TW N is about 5000 feet from threshold. High Speed Lima is about 2000' prior to that. To get that beast stopped in 3000' or so really shows their enthusiasm no to die!

Unreal huh... I couldn't believe it myself.

1800 RVR said:
As a pilot of UPS, I'm relieved to find out that the crew is ok. It is going to be interesting to find out what happened. As a cargo pilot, and I'm sure all of you will agree, one of the biggest threats that face us is undeclared cargo. If we find out that it was a package problem, it'll be interesting to see how UPS spins this.

Maybe they will get a million dollar bonus for obviously doing a great job?

Yeah right!

Unfortunately, capt., we both know about our benevolent employer, and notice that they have yet to say that the crew did a great job? Who knows, maybe they'll get called in for a meeting for causing so many service failures. :rolleyes:

Once again, great job guys!

1800 RVR said:
As a pilot of UPS, I'm relieved to find out that the crew is ok. It is going to be interesting to find out what happened. As a cargo pilot, and I'm sure all of you will agree, one of the biggest threats that face us is undeclared cargo. If we find out that it was a package problem, it'll be interesting to see how UPS spins this.

If it is a package problem, the shipper should be prosecuted to the fullest extent if they violated any laws. I have flown the 8 in a past life, and that was always in the back of my mind. Nobody really knows for sure what's in the back of this beast.

Fly safe Boys!

Latest resources

Back