Career Decisions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YEA, what Clyde said!

all things equal 121 time prob a little better, but not as a copilot. you are qualifed for the airlines now, but should we have another 911 do you want to be on the bottom at a weak company?

Rather than looking for another job that will only be a steping stone for your dream job. I would spend that time networking. Keep in touch with all your contacts. At this point in your carrer it will be who you know rather than what you know..... In 2000 i met a Continental Pilot while at the doc for my new medical. Six months later i had an intervew. your current FO might be your next chief pilot..... who knows...

Good luck.

Staying put

Thanks for all the responses. I beleive that I will just continue on the course that I am currently on (which is what I was hoping to hear). It just doesnt make sense to take a paycut and go to work for a regional or some questionable 121 outfit unless there is a least a quick upgrade which we all know is not gonna happen in todays environment.

once again,thanks
johnny

johnny taliban said:
Thanks for all the responses. I beleive that I will just continue on the course that I am currently on (which is what I was hoping to hear). It just doesnt make sense to take a paycut and go to work for a regional or some questionable 121 outfit unless there is a least a quick upgrade which we all know is not gonna happen in todays environment.

once again,thanks
johnny
Doesn't CHQ have a 1 year upgrade, Mesa have a 3 month 1900/DHC-8 upgrade?
There are probably more. If that's the case, you be over 40k/yr in under 6 months.
I'd hate to think you are making or not making certain career decisions based on 5 posts from an anonymous web site.
If I were you and you want to work for WN, I'd at the very least ask some of the folks at Higher Power.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back