Career Copilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
350DRIVER said:
Bird, This would have been a better question to put on the majors board.
Noted. Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

wings421 said:
Metro - Perhaps you mistook what I was saying. I certainly don't feel "$hit-hot" and I am constantly learning, however, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to be the PIC,...... EVER. Being fortunate enough to fly single pilot for quite sometime then having to move into a two pilot cockpit has been an adjustment. I was simply making a statement that I would rather call the shots than not. Your comments were off the mark.
Wings,

Sorry if the tone was misread. I should have put a smiley face. I was was just busting your chops a little. I apologize if it came across as a slam.

It's not uncommon at all to sit in the right seat longer and wait until you can hold a base or line that you want. A senior FO has much more control of base assignments and schedules than a commuting CA. Commuting expenses can eat up a pay advantage really quick. Lots of FO's have part time jobs that a junior CA schedule would interfere with. If it's a business or personal decision to stay in the right seat and not a lack of ability to be CA then it can be the smart thing to do.

Latest resources

Back