Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Buddy1958

Keep the Pointy End Up!
Does anybody have (or know of) a program similar (i.e. it uses the operating index) to that "SeeGee" wheel thing for figuring W&B for the CE-208B? I'm a night freight dog looking to ditch the SeeGee Whiz-Wheel for a PalmPilot version that's more user-friendly.

I know it's old school but the POH has a loading diagram and with my trusty electronic E6-B I do W/B in a couple of seconds. My company has a graph for W/B but I find the E6-B is more reliable. Especially given how easy it is to load the B model forward of limits.

Buddy1958 said:
Does anybody have (or know of) a program similar (i.e. it uses the operating index) to that "SeeGee" wheel thing for figuring W&B for the CE-208B? I'm a night freight dog looking to ditch the SeeGee Whiz-Wheel for a PalmPilot version that's more user-friendly.
We use a Cessna manual work sheet, it takes about three minutes without a calculator if you are fast with doing manual math. The last ramp check I went through, two federales introduced themselves about the time we were almost done loading. I pointed to a spot on the w&b diagram and told them that's where I predicted the loaded cg was going to end up. They watched step by step as I calculated the result and there it was.

If you're having a problem balancing the aircraft, I have found that by filling zone six first, it alleviates a lot problems when you have less than 1,000 lbs of heavy smaller freight that will not fill the plane past zone 2 or 3.

Generally speaking, if they have less than 800 lbs of freight, I will make pod "A" unavailable to the ramp personnel and get them load pod "d", which they seem to avoid for some reason.

I have found that with anything over 1,000 lbs of normal density freight, a fuel loading of 1,900 lbs and one seat filled, balancing the plane doesn't require any special loading instructions, but you always have to be careful.

I have heard that some operators are using a mechanical device to measure whether the loaded 208 is within limits. However, I am not familiar with this method.

Last edited:
I guess that's a "No" as far as a PalmPilot version of the SeeGee Whiz Wheel goes, huh? Thanks for the replies tho!

Try these guys. www.flyincg.com I've always had good luck w/ them. They offer the metal templates and graph paper, and also the W/B program on CD. I have it on our plane's laptop, and can run a W/B graph in about 30 secs. If the computer goes T/U I keep the template and graph paper in the flightlog . BTW, both are FAA approved for use, as each program and template is airplane specific.

Latest resources

Back