• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Caravan Down in Central Texas (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Caravan landed near Hutto, closer to the Taylor airport than to Georgetown. It landed on farm and hit the farmhouse during its landing roll. One neighbor said it was headed south, away from Georgetown.

JimNtexas said:
One neighbor said it was headed south, away from Georgetown.

That would mean he was landing into the wind, something Kamikazes usually don't do.

There was a night freight yahoo a few years ago who ran out of gas and landed his 414 on a highway in San Antonio in the wee hours of the morning. Someone drove a fuel truck out from the airport and put a few gallons in and they let him take off again. Couldn't have that road closed during rush hour.

Jeff Helgeson said:
....he was 46 and had gone back to college. A textbook was found at the scene of the accident. The NTSB in investigating the rumor that he had been known to read study material during flight.

Word, FN FAL!!!
Woo hah!

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

FN FAL said:

So get the large print version. It's all good!

FN FAL said:
My icing training wasn't really a seminar it was more like a company safety meeting. It wasn't a while back, it was Monday. And it was my director of operations that said the feds had talked about yanking the "known ice" cert off the van, quite possibly in light of the alleged icing related crash of a FedEx Feeder Caravan up in Canada last week.

The Feds have been talking about this for a little while now. It was brought up a few months ago in a meeting in Memphis with most of the major Van players attending (in addition to the FDX ones, even tho FDX hosted the meeting).

Supposedly, Cessna is going to do further ice testing on the Van. I can't remember the exact dates, but if I remember correctly it is going to happen within the next few months.

blingair said:
How's that short bus treating you? Normally I don't throw mud but when some smart acre jerk makes light of a friends accident I get a little frosted.

Tell me sir how in any way I made light of that accident. I would really love to know.

As for the short bus comment. Please get some original material.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back