Caravan Down in Central Texas (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
How's that short bus treating you? Normally I don't throw mud but when some smart acre jerk makes light of a friends accident I get a little frosted.

blingair said:
How's that short bus treating you? Normally I don't throw mud but when some smart acre jerk makes light of a friends accident I get a little frosted.
You knew the guy? Well, if you talk to him soon, tell him a brother sends his regards for a speedy recovery and quick return to the cockpit!

:beer:

I wish I could send the same to our sister up in Canada... :(

Last night it was clear as a bell around Austin. Whatever happened, it was very unlikely that ice was involved.

JimNtexas said:
Last night it was clear as a bell around Austin. Whatever happened, it was very unlikely that ice was involved.

If there was any ice around Austin lately it was from the pilot relief tube.

What about the freight? Did it get unloaded for the sort?

No....

FN FAL said:
I bet that home wrecker of a pilot had a G.E.D. that sun of biscuit.

....he was 46 and had gone back to college. A textbook was found at the scene of the accident. The NTSB in investigating the rumor that he had been known to read study material during flight.

Word, FN FAL!!!

Last edited:
If I were the that pilot....

starchkr said:
I know many of you read about this but, we had a 208 lose an engine at night after t/o out of OMA not too long ago. Pilot put it down on a small highway/road with only minor damage to a wing from a small highway sign. We sent mechanics out and they swapped the engine right there on the side of te highway and flew it off the highway a couple days later. Quite the feat considering it was at night.

....I would have that road sign displayed above the mantle.......who am I kidding, it would be out on the garage wall (married 17.5 years!).

What are the GPS coordinates to your livingroom?

Flying Illini said:
Glad he's going to make it....I wish people would stop pushing it and crashing into houses though. Find a road or field and go with it.

....I just want to know in case I have to put it down off field!

Latest resources

Back