Captains off the street?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ALSF 2

Any 121 companies hiring Captains off the street besides Colgan Air?

Just a C8'r trying to find a place to land.

Cheers!

At Pinnacle we are hiring street captains in MSP and DTW. Even if you come in as a FO you could be in upgrade on the next bid. Now that is true right now but things could change as some of the 500 First Officers get qualified to upgrade. I also understand that HR is working real hard on scooping up ACA/Indy guys so the competetion might be high for a while.

Am I the only person who has their posts disappear into neverland after spending 10 minutes to write something? :(

Ditto the ACA thing, our check airman are VERY impressed with the quality of people we are getting from ACA and have let our HR people know about it so expect a lot of hiring from those guys to continue as long as they come in with good attitudes.

14 more Street Captains on the June vacancy final, came out today. I was expecting 20-25 because of the SNAFUs the last two months but it didn't happen. Additionally, a lot of the slots were taken by people who are just now finishing class so they're not labeled NHT; those guys will fly the line for 30-45 days as an F/O then come back for upgrade class.

45 Days to upgrade - not too shabby. Congrats guys & gals! :)

Not expecting another vacancy until late March / early April for about the same number of people, then nothing for a couple of months, then one last "adjustment bid" to get everyone where they need them and adjust staffing levels if need be, then hiring only for attrition (5 people per month approx).

Last chance!

I'm not sure I would be too anxious to jump off the street into a 121 Ca position. Have you ever heard of seniority? Get in line like everyone else. If you doubt me then just ask some of the Freedom guys how they like flying with the Mesa pilots they screwed and jumped over to fly the CRJ-7 and 900.

if they don't have f/o's that meet the minimum requirments for upgrade (or fo's that have the time but choose not to) then what would you propose?

Let me assure you it looks good to future employers.

Let me assure you that a street captain will not have better seniority than someone who is already there.

Trust me on this.

We have many of the street captains at NJA and no one cares. People couldnt or didnt want to upgrade so it was necessary. Besides, its not like your going to get a higher seniority number because of it. If two guys get hired at the same time and one is an f/o and the other a captain the captain isnt going to get a seniority number several hundred numbers higher.

Future companies couldnt give a crap if you came in off the street into a captains position.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back