• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain metorship program at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does that mean that the last upgrade class they ran was last August? If there were 4 unfilled positions in it, why haven't they run a class since?

Classes for this vacancy aren't until July.

Anyone at Pinnacle care to help me understand the captain mentorship program? my questions are as follows:

If I have 2700 TT (lots of turbine and some corporate jet) and came to Pinnacle how soon can I see upgrade.

Even with the seniority, would I still have to wait to upgrade behind lets say a 1000TT time FO?

lets say I start as an FO and after 1 year I up grade through the mentorship program do I get 1st or 2nd year captain pay.

Thanks for the responses.
what the hell is a metorship?

Does that mean that the last upgrade class they ran was last August? If there were 4 unfilled positions in it, why haven't they run a class since?

No, 08 is the year, -06 is the vacancy number for the year.

These are the current upgrade requirements:

Reduceable to with the mentor program:
2000 TT, 1500 Multi, 500 Turbine

Also you must have a minimum of 1800 hours before starting the mentor program.

I believe the Mentor Program requires 1,000 w/PCL

Last edited:
The final is out and the total is 4.

where are you finding the final? its not on the company website...let me know i am trying to figure out if I get dtw or stay in mem

they say you need 100 hours minimum as FO before upgrade[/I]), but if we have some kind of slow-down, consolidation or worse then you might be sitting in the right seat a while. Things change fast!

Some kind of slow-down? Where have you been the last 2 months???

Anyone at Pinnacle care to help me understand the captain mentorship program?

I don't think the company knows exactly how it works.. If you interview, don't listen to what they tell you..

There are 2 groups of people who care about the mentor program.. The mentor captains and the mentorees.. We are shoorrrt on mentor captains and I've only met 2 or 3 guys who did the program..

I only know anything about it because I was told in the interview, I could do the mentor program, which in truth, I guess I COULD but I'd have to get the prereq of 1300 company time before I did..

If I have 2700 TT (lots of turbine and some corporate jet) and came to Pinnacle how soon can I see upgrade.

In theory..

You could upgrade @ 3000TT with 500 in type.. So, you'd be at 3200TT before you upgraded..

Even with the seniority, would I still have to wait to upgrade behind lets say a 1000TT time FO?

If he meets the time and he is senior to you, yeh, you have to wait behind him...

lets say I start as an FO and after 1 year I up grade through the mentorship program do I get 1st or 2nd year captain pay.

Well.. Once you hit your 2nd year, you get 2nd year pay.. regardless of what seat your in..

The mentor program is a bit misleading, and I think it's mainly because many people do not know how it works..

You have to have 1300 PINNACLE time before you are even able to partake in the mentorship program..

With 2700TT, the mentorship would be a waste for you..

If you showed up on the property tomorrow the quickest you'd seen an upgrade would be at 3200TT..

Things are "slowing down" here.. However, the last vacancy as others have shown, had unfilled slots..

Someone posted the mins..

3500TT is the "min."
This can be reduced to 3000 with 500 in type.. 2500 with 1000 in type..

Latest resources

Back