• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capt=good

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just keep in mind when you're looking at captiscrap.com that it's run by a disgruntled ex-student. The only one so far to fail the type ride.

Not saying that the program is good or bad, but he's done a pretty good job of winding everybody up and generally dis-informing the masses.

BTW they don't log anything in their logbooks when they're in the backseat

Kenny said:
Just keep in mind when you're looking at captiscrap.com that it's run by a disgruntled ex-student. The only one so far to fail the type ride.

Not saying that the program is good or bad, but he's done a pretty good job of winding everybody up and generally dis-informing the masses.

BTW they don't log anything in their logbooks when they're in the backseat

Yes they do, one of their students showed me his logbook, he even told me Riddle was talking to the FAA to make that a new kind of logbook entry. I dodn't read anything from that website, haven't even seen it. I used to instruct in that area and talked to a bunch of those pilots.

labbats said:
As long as they don't say "with you", I'm ok with it.
Oh goodness, don't get that mess started again!!

To this day I still think about that thread EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear a pilot check in with Center using the "with you" phrase! :D

User997 said:
Oh goodness, don't get that mess started again!!

To this day I still think about that thread EVERY SINGLE TIME I hear a pilot check in with Center using the "with you" phrase! :D

"Cleveland Center, this is cessna 12345 checking in with you (double whammy) at three point five"

ahhhh....what a thread

-mini

Talk about "misinforming the masses"... Can you prove that kenny?

I think not, your reckless comments have devalued anything else you have to say.

Anyone please tell us what on the captiscrap site is untrue. NOBODY has to date.

Last edited:
OK, while this particular program may be crap - it opens the door, or sets a stage for future development of programs which THE AIRLINES pay for. If this program IS crap, it will be seen and it won't survive (thanks in part to the internet), but the viability of a training program for airline first officers only may be the end result - again, PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINES.

...hmmm, never happen, will it?

nosehair said:
OK, while this particular program may be crap - it opens the door, or sets a stage for future development of programs which THE AIRLINES pay for. If this program IS crap, it will be seen and it won't survive (thanks in part to the internet), but the viability of a training program for airline first officers only may be the end result - again, PAID FOR BY THE AIRLINES.

...hmmm, never happen, will it?

Given the airlines' current financial situation, I won't say it'll never happen but it won't happen for many, many years. The airlines don't even want to pay the training costs they already have, why would they want to take on the additional expense of training all their pilots from scratch?

DKM said:
Talk about "misinforming the masses"... Can you prove that kenny?

I was really hoping that this wouldn't result in a pi$$ing contest, but DKM exactly what is it you want me to prove. It's pretty obvious that the guy behind captiscrap.com has an axe to grind and his own agenda. You don't have to be a genius to work out that a certain amount of "truth stretching" is going to happen. PM me and I'm sure we can have an intelligent exchange of ideas about this, without having to bore everybody else.

DKM said:
I think not, your reckless comments have devalued anything else you have to say.

Jeez, I didn't think what I said would incite mass riots, or civil war. In fact you're the only one to get his panties in a twist.

DKM said:
Anyone please tell us what on the captiscrap site is untrue. NOBODY has to date.

Probably because nobody really cares and we all have a lot better things to do. If these students want to spend $80,000 on a job that won't exist anymore for them than it does for the rest of us then, by all means go ahead

I do think that a lot of us that have been hired over the past 5 years have taken for granted that we didn't have to do PFT. It was pretty rife in the 90's and accepted by a lot as the norm.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back