Capt below mins question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a-v-8er

Just curious... What would you do if the Capt went below minimums during an approach? and what if he/she said "don't worry about it" if you challange him/her?

a-v-8er said:
Just curious... What would you do if the Capt went below minimums during an approach? and what if he/she said "don't worry about it" if you challange him/her?

Call tower and say "we are going around".

oh boy...not the "call the tower" answer again...

nothing like being the last voice on the tape as it hits the ground in flames....but heck, you covered your butt right?.

you are getting paid to fly the plane safely, do it. Dont just occupy the right seat and be a snitch.

by the time you go below mins, tell the capt, tell him again....then key up your mike and "call the tower and tell them we missed" you have either landed or you crashed.

its simple. do your job. call out mins. call below mins. call below mins LOUDER. after that assume incapacitaion or disorientation and fly the plane - safety has been jeopardized.

People ask this to see your leadership or Captain potential. Sitting right seat and ratting someone out to the tower is not either.

Personally, I would land, then pull you out and biitch slap you for being a rat.

(kidding)

:D :D :D

At ASA they teach you to say, "Captain, I'm not comfortable with that". That should take care of it.

Gulfstream 200 said:
oh boy...not the "call the tower" answer again...

nothing like being the last voice on the tape as it hits the ground in flames....but heck, you covered your butt right?.

you are getting paid to fly the plane safely, do it. Dont just occupy the right seat and be a snitch.

by the time you go below mins, tell the capt, tell him again....then key up your mike and "call the tower and tell them we missed" you have either landed or you crashed.

its simple. do your job. call out mins. call below mins. call below mins LOUDER. after that assume incapacitaion or disorientation and fly the plane - safety has been jeopardized.

People ask this to see your leadership or Captain potential. Sitting right seat and ratting someone out to the tower is not either.

Personally, I would land, then pull you out and biitch slap you for being a rat.

(kidding)

:D :D :D

I don't think it's about ratting someone out it's about making the guy go-around.

I'd probably continue call outs and try to make it as safe as possible. I'm not sure how trying to take the controls at 180ft would work out. Nor am I sure how landing 0/0 would work out in an 800ft per minute descent. Just focuse the answer to the question on saftey and in real life try to stay alive. You'll fly with all kinds of folks out there.

Latest resources

Back