• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capitol question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In talking with some of the Cappy guys in the hub, it seems Cappy has a training contract with some dollar signs attached. This is not addressed in the 1224 side letter. So I guess there's an unanswered question if everyone's mind as to whether it should apply in this case. I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking a job when a training contract is involved, if that is in fact what's behind the lack of takers from ABX. So, Agreenfo, you may very well have a shot at a job with Cappy, since it seems they will in fact be hiring off the street! Meanwhile, everyone displaced from ABX that I've met and flown with here at ATI seems to be quite happy and great to work with.

I believe that the lack of ABX takers was due to the lack of pay at CCI. That was my reason for not sending in a resume, along with a lot of other unknowns about training contract, vacation accrual......... but mostly the pay.....

As a side not I would happily take a recall to ATI, love the 8, bet it is even better with the -70.........

Good luck to those who get a call for Cappi.

lots of abx guys excepted the job or interview until they found out cappy wasnt honoring any deals supposedly signed between teamsters and atsg. teamsters told everyone not to take the job or interview until they sort the mess out. We hired 19 people in this class, 1 abx pilot needed a job bad. rest are a mix.

lots of abx guys excepted the job or interview until they found out cappy wasnt honoring any deals supposedly signed between teamsters and atsg. teamsters told everyone not to take the job or interview until they sort the mess out. We hired 19 people in this class, 1 abx pilot needed a job bad. rest are a mix.

Teamsters 1224 has not advised anyone NOT to take the class. Capitol just like ATI have little choice in honoring the side letter with ATSG. ATSG has been paying the difference for the pilots that went to ATI. Would be difficult to side step the agreement at Capitol with the precedence set. Again Teamsters has not been advising any of the furloughed pilots against hiring at Capitol other than it is a crummy place to work pay and working rules wise.

Latest resources

Back