Cape Air Guam ATR pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

migio

Anyone here fly for Cape Air out of Guam? If so,how do you like it? How many days off a month do you get? How do you like your schedules.Who can you jumpseat on? When is the next ground school? A friend of mine from a previous job just got hired but is waiting on a ground school date.Finally,whats 2nd year pay for FO?

Thanks

A tropical landfill

I've been to Guam with the military. While I can't speak to the ATR flying out there, I did meet someone who was with Cape Air at the time and seemed to like it. Now about Guam: it's a tropical land fill. While it used to be a vacation spot for tourists from Japan - and still is - the numbers are not what they used to be. Entire hotels are closed due to Typhoon damage, SARS scares, etc. There are cars all over the island sitting on the edges of the road with TREES growing through them because the government never cared enough to move them. Others are rusted hulks, and some have been burned. There are what appear to have been nice homes at one time with no windows or doors - I guess they were damaged with the hurricanes. All over the island there is trash along the roads. It appears as if the government hires someone with a bull dozer to shove the garbage further from the road and into the tree-lines, where it piles up. I saw people living in tents there just off the highways.
So - while I wouldn't want to actually live there forever, I suppose it would be great place to fly for a couple of years - easy to visit exotic places in the far east, and the ATR is a good airplane. Good luck.

migio said:
Finally,whats 2nd year pay for FO?

You're kidding, right? I can put you in touch with a guy that's been on first year pay for 8 years. You really want to go back?

Propsync said:
You're kidding, right? I can put you in touch with a guy that's been on first year pay for 8 years. You really want to go back?

Hey Propsync,

Its not myself that is interested in this position.Its a buddy of mine out there that i used to fly with out of Saipan.Hes been a resident of Guam long before i flew with him out of Saipan.

Lolikoka,

Guam is not that bad.I was over there in 2003-2004.I lived in Guam for about 3 weeks,and then in Saipan for about 8 months.I dont know when you were over there last,but the Guam i know is nothing like you described.You were probably over there shortly after Pongsona hit.To me,Guam is a beautiful island and definately not a tropical landfill by any means.If anything,what you described remotely sounds like the south side of Saipan,but definately not Guam.

Propsync said:

You must have your companies confused, Cape Air has not been operating ATRs for 8 years, and has not been and is not on a pay freeze.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back