• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cape Air Getting ATRs'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cape air has an ATR now, and is getting one or two more in the next year. they are gonna be used in guam as a continental codeshare. :rolleyes:

Holy crap.... I was reading this thread and thinking jeez are people really that misinformed? but then I saw the dates...

hehehe....

Otto...

Great avatar! One of the funniest scenes from one of the funniest movies out there.

"Train don't run outa Wichita, lessen you're a hog or a cattle. People train runs outa Stuuuuubville..."

Thanks for the laugh.

Actually, you'd be surprised at how few ATR's there are out there. FedEx (feeder) is scooping them up faster then other carriers can park them.
The only problem with that is the people that promised the refurbished planes are way behind on schedule for providing them.

FedEx is having to keep the F-27's flying past when they wanted to and is stretching the feeders by utilizing caravans to cover where they can.

We have three Caravans covering for a run that could have utilized a larger plane and where there are four caravans flying on one route, they have been asking for a larger plane for two years.

Rumor I heard was the innards of these ATR's is all non-standard and is causing a lot of problems with the refurbishing. Don't yell at me on that one...it's what I heard and I am not an aerospace engineer.

I also heard that budget was opened up for more outsourcing (ad hoc), till things get sorted out.

Cape AIr ATRs

Cape Air currently is in possesion of three ATR 42's
2 are on the ramp in HYA
the 3rd is in montreal getting refurbished

They are going to Guam as a Continential Conex.
In continential paint

The Flight crews started Basic indoc. today

that's gotta be a fun job, if you're single and somewhat adventuresome, as in, wanting to live out in guam. but, flying an atr, island hopping? sounds like fun anyway.

Latest resources

Back