Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wilky10

Enjoying the View
Anyone know a fast track way to get rehabilited so that someone with a Misdemeanor that occured in 1999 could enter Canada. Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing you are talking about a DUI... Since Canada now conciders that a felony and requires extra steps (as they do with any felony) to be permitted to enter. Most US misdemeanors do not require anything special to enter Canada.

and now to attempt to answer the question....

I would try a web search for a Canadian attorney who is specializing in what they are calling "rehabilitation". Somebodys gotta be making a living off it. You might want to also try looking in a border city like Windsor or Vancouver.

It is sorta tricky because they count time from when your probation is over. The border agents may not even ask, but then...... Do a google on NOTO (North Ontario Tourist Outfitters). Email or call and ask for Doug. A great guy who is a pilot. He is very knowledgable and has a number of someone at the border that can verify everything he tells you. If you have any more ?'s PM me. I might be able to answer some ?'s

And many misdemeanors actually are considered serious to Canada. If you have a "criminal record" which means a conviction....bar fight, fight, stealing, drunk in public, DUI...anything a judge can put you on probation for. Canada has the ability to enter the FBI record center (and they do). Sooooo, if there are any "dumb, young, and... whatever charges, requesting a criminal record check for yourself may be smart.

There is a guy named Tim Mayville that used to work for the cic he is now a consultant dealing with just this thing. He charges $1000 and will work you through the process. He has friends that still work in immigration that is who he walks your information in to. Here is his web site.

http://www.mayvilleimmigration.com/faq.aspx

Good Luck!

Anyone know a fast track way to get rehabilited so that someone with a Misdemeanor that occured in 1999 could enter Canada. Thanks in advance.

Do exactly as I say and you will get entrance into Canada tomorrow.
  • Get a letter from your chief pilot explaining how your company operates into Canada on a regular basis. (include info about your position)
  • Get a copy of your court dispositions, the Canadian records are incomplete, maybe this will benefit you.. (don't volunteer these papers yet, more on this in a minute)
  • Take a shower, get a haircut, put on your uniform, id and all..
  • Drive to your nearest point of entry (Canada) Tell the lady (hopefully) or man at the POE that you want to go to (Secondary inspection) If they ask about what, tell them you are a pilot and need a temporary resident permit...
When you get to see the inspector, tell them you are inadmissible into Canada because of a prior misdemeanor.. By nature, the inspector might tell you they can't give you a temp resident permit, or they might tell you they can give you a TRP, but only for 30 or 60 days.... All you have to do is be very polite, smile alot, and tell them that if you can't get into Canada you might loose your job.. Try to be friendly as possible, I used to sell commercial properties, so I'm very good at talking..

The inspector has to equate your conviction to Canadian law.. They will look up your records and see what your conviction is.. Once they have this info, they will pull out their 'little red book' and see how the u.s conviction equates to Canadian law.. If there is any question about your case, for example their records might not show a disposition, than and only than do you give them information and your disposition...

If all works out.. You can leave that day with a temp resident permit that will allow you into Canada for at least 1 year.. During that year you can apply for rehabilitation if you are eligible. If you are not eligible for rehabilitation, and the year is about to expire on your TRP, you can go back to the POE and get another TRP...

Bring a credit card or cash with you.. The normal fee is 195. I think, to my surprise they billed me wrong and it was only 145. for me..

I myself got into a little trouble back in 1999 and had trouble getting into Canada.. My situation was stressing me out, and I couldn't find a solution to my problem.. After countless hours of research, I found a way, and hopefully you can benefit from this..

I wish you the best of luck...

Last edited:
See Helga!

See Ms. Helga
-Helga sit in room for customs
-Helga have warm and stretchy rubber glove
-Helga have ways of making you "talk"
-Helga make many friends with pilots from states.....

-Helga make you very good friend!

Latest resources

Back