Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can you refuse to "speak" with a controller???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys they cut us breaks all the time. We should do the same. Hopefully it will someday become taboo to rat each other out....

Until a few months ago, every time I got a number it was the controllers fault and I let it go. Recently, I screwed up,and even though I put no one in danger, I still got slammed by the controller and the FAA. So I am sorry, but they if screw up now I call the facility.

I think you are referring to the Conoco G-II that crashed in the mountains near Kota Kinabalu back in September 1991. An old boss of mine was on board that plane.

Is that the one in which the Captain said something to the effect of "I don't like this, let's get out of here"? They initiated a climb and then impacted the terrain. If that was it or not, it was sad listening to the actual CVR. The accident I'm thinking of was one in which they were just shy of out-climbing the terrain.

Is that the one in which the Captain said something to the effect of "I don't like this, let's get out of here"? They initiated a climb and then impacted the terrain. If that was it or not, it was sad listening to the actual CVR. The accident I'm thinking of was one in which they were just shy of out-climbing the terrain.

AA flight 965... Just shy of out-climbing the terrain because the boards were still out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Airlines_Flight_965

Brother, I hope you are kidding. We have by far the best controllers. If you got attitude, why not try to be extra nice to the controller,everyone is entitled to have a bad day. next time take a deep breath. :)

Yeah, you are not going to be with him/her for very long anyway. Everyone can have a bad day.

Everyone has their bad days, controllers and pilots. However, keep in mind that we work together and help each other out. Need to remember...pilot deviations happen a LOT MORE OFTEN than a controller actually breaks a reg (controller might be rude or tick off a pilot, but he isn't necessarily going against the .65). All day everyday pilots will miss crossing restrictions, blow a turn, bust out of a holding pattern, etc. Controllers RARELY report this to try and get the pilot violated.

We dont have enough certified controllers in NY as it is! Backup controllers would be a luxury!!!

Also, if I don't like the attitude of a particular pilot, can I ask to that the other pilot in the cockpit (or maybe the chief pilot) take over?

If you happen to check on a freq and the controller gives you attitude (for whatever reason), can you state that you refuse to "speak with him/her and would like to have a back-up controller"?? or superviser work you until your off the freq/out of their airspace?

OK....sounds like more than one has their panties stretched too tight......geezzz

Latest resources

Back