• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can we stop whining.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Successfully found Rio - among many other places "around the world" - only to have to make the full NDB approach to mins - am I qualified ? Oh yeah .. it wasn't in an iddy biddy G (compared to what I was flying). Never mind.

Successfully found Rio - among many other places "around the world" - only to have to make the full NDB approach to mins - am I qualified ? Oh yeah .. it wasn't in an iddy biddy G (compared to what I was flying). Never mind.

Lets not mix fruit and veggies here Jay and throw gas on the fire. You have thousand of hours of military flying... and that is the kind of experience I'm talking about.

My posts are directly squarely at the 30 year old types who think international Ops is flying to Mexico. A good 70% of international flying has nothing at all do with flying the aircraft at all. Government regulations, security, local customs, etc etc is what takes time to learn.

But I'm done with this thread. Good luck with your Gulfstream, its obvious where we NJI types stand.

Yup. From a pulpit.

But I'm done with this thread. Good luck with your Gulfstream, its obvious where we NJI types stand.

Not all of us. I have to take a contrary view here. Unlike some of the NJI guys who have posted here (who were on the V before the A guys started coming over), I had the pleasure of flying with just about all of the first dozen or so NJA PIC transfers. On average, IMHO, they were as prepared to check out as PIC at six months as our homebrews were after three or more years. Nobody coming to the G-IV as PIC fell off the turnip truck yesterday. They’ve been doing fine; just like many of us who rarely leave NA with NJI, but are expected to go anywhere tomorrow if needed (six years since my last Asia trip for instance). It’s always going to be way easier for the guy who has been there and done that a couple of dozen times, but our program is set up to safely send any of our PIC’s just about anywhere at a moment’s notice.

As for the latest contract issue which started this thread, I think us NJI folks are mice in a room filled with rampaging elephants. This mouse is going to find a safe corner, pissed about the loss of money and our wonderful organization, but happy to be getting a very good check in this economy and willing to stack bags and eat the chicken with a smile (even for Fischman, if he can prove that he is indeed awesome).

Sorry bro. On this, you speak for yourself and a minority of NJI guys.

Like Mike Meyers said in Mystery, Alaska: "It ain't rocket surgery."

MasterofYaw - Thanks for your post. Refereshing to see someone leave ego at the door here on FI. If you had only flown a Lockheed aircraft with the engines mounted in the correct direction, you'd be just about perfect. :)

It's a moot point for me since I'll never be senior enough to fly any of the transcon capable aircraft as a PIC. Besides - been there, done that. If I never leave the US as PIC again, it'll be too soon. Too much heartache for the same amount of dollars.

Latest resources

Back