Can part 135 pilots still "Jumpseat"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting,

As a 121 Captain, my understanding is that ONLY 121 pilots may jumpseat on my airplane. I'll try to find out more from our JS coordinator...

It used to be that any 121 pilot could ride. This changed a couple of years ago (not sure the exact reasons) but now they have to be on an apporved list (as with 135 operators).

I just looked at our list and I think there are only 2 135 outfits approved.

Additionally we are restricted from taking only approved 121 pilots to international destinations.

This jumpseat discrimination is even being felt at the regional level. I fly for a 121 regional that used to take just about anyone, no list required, now we have a very strict list on who we can take. And to add insult to injury we just lost our agreement with UAL and I can't figure out why. On the upside we still can take as many as there are seats available, as long as they are on the list. I hate to turn down United guys but until we get our agreement back, management says no. Really this is getting out of hand and we need to do something. There are some 135 operators that we can still take, however.

Well here's a great idea!!!!!!!!!

We have all of these people here that seem to be willing to let others onboard...
so why don't we all identify each other and colaborate with our JS coordinators as to getting agreements!

Sometimes it takes a push to get things done, if you are not willing to help, then pass this on to someone who will be.

Ok, just trying to help those with limited agreements, and really help those with none. Heck and why not add a few more to my list too ;)

I will tell you now, anyone willing to let myself or anyone from AN onoard is definately allowed on my aircraft anytime. Our schedules are online and are very extensive across the country. One benefit we offer is that we do fly mostly at night. That means that instead of having to wait until the next day to catch your ride home, why not park your plane and immediately catch a ride home on us. We can definately help make your weekends longer( well, whatever you call your weekend at least).

Let me know, and lets try to help out the others that are limited.

Starchkr

Latest resources

Back