• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can I log Multi-time in this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I want to know is what's the single-engine service ceiling or rate of climb on that thing. I'd imagine it would have a hard time maintaining any altitude if one of the engines quit.

The engines are off-set on the fuselage? How is that centerline thrust? A Lear Jet is not centerline thrust, But a Cessna 337 skymaster is!

the T-38, F-15, T-37, and F-18 are all multi but any pilot only flying these will have a centerline thrust limitation. Because if you loose one the amount of yaw is supposedly minimal. I have no experiance in any of these so I don't know first hand. Only the guys I used to fly with.

Website says it will do 135 kts level flight. 100 kts with one engine.

That's because being military only airplanes they never had to publish Vmc numbers like civilian planes. I believe the only non cargo/civilian derivitave military jets that don't get the centerline thrust restriction are/were the A37 and F14.

I believe the only non cargo/civilian derivitave military jets that don't get the centerline thrust restriction are/were the A37 and F14.

So why would every USAF and some USMC, USN guys still have a centerline thurst restriction since the A-37 was developed off of the T-37 or vice versa. The planes are almost identical. One has pylons, a mini gun, and AR capable.

I've seen these things fly first hand in France; it is an amazing machine. It does have the characteristics of a real twin and a VMC. If my memory recalls right, when it was first designed in the early 90's it didn't require a multi rating because no one really knew if it was an ultra light or what. The first ones to be buit didn't even have a registration. One of the first built claimed the life of a pilot after losing an engine on take off; it will still VMC if you don't put enough rudder.

I've been to air shows where they would lauch it from the top of a Broussard! Now that was something to watch, I have a picture but I don't know how to upload it on a message..

Buck

Latest resources

Back