Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can FDX pilots read in the cockpit domestic v international?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are extremes: the captain at ASA that woke up and told me to stop reading.

On the other hand, the captain on a flight Shanghai - ANC who had the laptop out and Dukes of Hazzard playing before we got the slats in. At night. Flying in meters, Chinese controllers. I'm not kidding.

There are extremes: the captain at ASA that woke up and told me to stop reading.

I had a captain at ASA that would read the paper from climb power/after takeoff to gear down... every time.. no bs..

When I was brand new on the EMB120, just out of IOE, I spent a month with a captain who talked, nonstop, about deer hunting. He was jabbering one day when I was on short final, and I was still pretty high-gain about landing that thing, so I just reached down and disconnected my headset. After I got the nose down I plugged it back in, just as he said, "...and then I kilt him...."

wow, anyone who doesnt allow reading in the cockpit, including limiting what you can read, is more dangerous than they think. I guess people don't realize what can happen if you get bored, you get tired, you stop paying attention and stop being alert.

wow, anyone who doesnt allow reading in the cockpit, including limiting what you can read, is more dangerous than they think. I guess people don't realize what can happen if you get bored, you get tired, you stop paying attention and stop being alert.

Yeah, then you just start talking about sex.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back