• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can a pilot upgrade a Pax?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was waiting for someone to bring up the United gate agents.

I don't commute out of Dulles on United anymore, but when I did, I always came to the gate armed with a refreshingly cold bottled water, a skinny latte from Starbucks, two dozen banana chocolate chip muffins that my wife just pulled outta the oven, $1000 in German Bearer Bonds and the pocket version of "How to Speak Indian and Pakistani" and despite all that, they still acted like I was trying to push a universal health care bill or kyoto accord through Congress.

It's almost comical. Almost.

Touchy, but if there is a good repoire (?) between the front and the cabin, it can happen.

Agents have their rules and won't upgrade.

If a friend (rev pax) is in the back, you can ASK the Lead F/A if its OK. They'll usually say OK if the plane was going out w/ room in front.
What airlines are you guys working for? Ask the stews? Are you kidding me? :eek:

I have upgraded people. Mostly military guys and gals (I always put the lowest ranking person in first class) and one time we had a couple on their honeymoon. First class had two open seats so I had the FAs move em up.

What airlines are you guys working for? Ask the stews? Are you kidding me? :eek:

You came from Pinnacle and things are a bit different at regionals (the FA's couldn't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight). You gotta remember that some senior mommas at NW started out on DC-6's:eek:.

You don't give orders to these gals trust me.

At NW the cabin 'technically' belongs to the Lead FA.

Yes if it came down to a knock down drag out the CA would prevail...but trust me it wouldn't be worth it.

While I was USAirways Express, I would jumpseat on UA from time to time. On one trip, down to Australia, the gate agent went out of his way to make sure I got a seat in business class. After boarding the flight, I went up to the front to ask for a ride and of course the captain made sure I had a comfortable seat as well. The worst I've ever been treated was on AA. F-100, with 1st completly empty on a three hour flight, was told to just "take my assigned seat in coach"............a nice middle seat no less :) That garbage won't end until pilots take their profession back.........

You came from Pinnacle and things are a bit different at regionals (the FA's couldn't find their ass with both hands and a flashlight). You gotta remember that some senior mommas at NW started out on DC-6's:eek:.

You don't give orders to these gals trust me.

At NW the cabin 'technically' belongs to the Lead FA.

Yes if it came down to a knock down drag out the CA would prevail...but trust me it wouldn't be worth it.
It's only that way because you've allowed it to get that way. It certainly doesn't work that way at AirTran. Some of the crusty old rEAL guys here would laugh their asses off if some stew tried to argue with them about upgrading a jumpseater.

It's only that way because you've allowed it to get that way. It certainly doesn't work that way at AirTran. Some of the crusty old rEAL guys here would laugh their asses off if some stew tried to argue with them about upgrading a jumpseater.

Agreed. I commute regularly on DAL, NWA, and AirTran. By far, and I mean BY FAR, the best commutes I have are on the AirTran flights. Having said that, however, it's usually the lead FA that parks me in a first class seat... not the Captain. Nonetheless, I always appreciate the ride to Memphis, regardless of where I end up sitting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back