Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
If C02 wasn't bad enough with the removal of crew meals, at least we had some option when service was completed with remaining first class or coach meals. Now, with today's pilot bulletin, we get the opportunity to purchase CREW meals from our own company. You can even purchase passenger meals, after the service has been completed, of course. Wow. I get to give more of my paycheck back to Continental(United) now. Interesting to see if mgmt will try to pull this same ******************** on UAL flights. Do the UAL pilots get crew meals? Or do they get to enjoy another slap in the face as the CAL pilots do?

Quit your complaining! Your lucky to have a job and besides you CHOSE to work there !!

Did you read the bulletin? It specifically discussed crew meals being loaded on the plane(not for purchase) and even included color photos of the breakfast, lunch and hot dinner crew meals being loaded on the aircraft starting October 12th. Not sure why you posted this crap. 1st class meal leftovers will still be available. This gets us through the JCBA where crew meals will be enhanced and brought back even on the shorter flights. Nothing was mentioned about purchasing the crew meals. Read it again.

Last edited:
If C02 wasn't bad enough with the removal of crew meals, at least we had some option when service was completed with remaining first class or coach meals. Now, with today's pilot bulletin, we get the opportunity to purchase CREW meals from our own company. You can even purchase passenger meals, after the service has been completed, of course. Wow. I get to give more of my paycheck back to Continental(United) now. Interesting to see if mgmt will try to pull this same ******************** on UAL flights. Do the UAL pilots get crew meals? Or do they get to enjoy another slap in the face as the CAL pilots do?

Why don't you just man-up, pay for some food that you want in the terminal, sit down, eat properly and then take the delay on your next flight?

Wait... let me guess - you've recently flown with a pilot who was on an internet message board and found a link to the supreme court case where pilots eating at meal time was found to be an illegal job action?

It's food, a BASIC necessity for continuation of life.

Safety should be higher than #3 or #4 on your priority list while at work.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Last edited:
Reading this thread reminds me of what an elderly lady said to me in the food court in IAH a few years back...

I was sitting alone at a table and she asked if she could sit as well.. When she sat down she asked

"Doesn't the airline feed you when you work".

"No ma'am they don't".

"Well you should talk to your union about that".

"Our union is who gave it back to the company".

"Sonny you need to get yourself a new union".

True story, and she was every bit of 80...

Yes....we get crew meals. On legs greater than 5 hours we get 2.

And this thread is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong. I'll call the company out when they are doing something stupid but the bulletin posted today was basically letting us know that as we transition to on board purchase for meals in the main cabin, they are going to provide crew meals to the FA's and pilots on domestic legs. We already get crew meals on international legs. They consist of a apps, a salad, and a choice of at least 3 hot entree's from the businessfirst cabin. This thread needs to be erased. BTW, I do look forward to hot meals being included in the crew meal selection for shorter domestic legs at meal times......at last

Did you read the bulletin? It specifically discussed crew meals being loaded on the plane(not for purchase) and even included color photos of the breakfast, lunch and hot dinner crew meals being loaded on the aircraft starting October 12th. Not sure why you posted this crap. 1st class meal leftovers will still be available. This gets us through the JCBA where crew meals will be enhanced and brought back even on the shorter flights. Nothing was mentioned about purchasing the crew meals. Read it again.

Easy beavis, easy. Yep, I read it wrong. I'm apparently not the grammer wiz ard you are. "With the launch of food for sale, crew meals will be added to flights that will offer fresh food for sale". You saw it one way, I saw it another. I read it as since we are selling food, we will add crew meals for sale too on those flights. I get it. Can I have my head back now?

And this thread is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong. I'll call the company out when they are doing something stupid but the bulletin posted today was basically letting us know that as we transition to on board purchase for meals in the main cabin, they are going to provide crew meals to the FA's and pilots on domestic legs. We already get crew meals on international legs. They consist of a apps, a salad, and a choice of at least 3 hot entree's from the businessfirst cabin. This thread needs to be erased. BTW, I do look forward to hot meals being included in the crew meal selection for shorter domestic legs at meal times......at last

Apologies again, oh master of the majors board. Please excuse my error and allow me to at least lurk on the threads you deem appropiate. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back