• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calls for 2 Aug class at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know for sure about letter writers. If they are SWA pilots who wrote letters, and they did an online recommend, then they will not be called. If they just wrote a letter with no online LOR, then they will get called, I think.

Bharris:
I interviewed on April 15, contacts called the next week. Called Wednesday after May decision board, and the call last week for the Aug 2 class date was the first I heard from SWA since the "move you forward in the process" call. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
JetDude said:
When the People Dept. folks called your contact list, did they also call your letter writers (specifically those that wrote letters but weren't on your contact list)?
Jetdude, they called both my letter writers and my contacts. I had 7 letters and 3 contacts, though I have been at the same job for 7 years. I interviewed on 12 May and got "the call" on 22 June. Yeahhhh!!!! Waiting for the next call for when I can expect training. Fly safely,

Interview Date v. Type Rating Date

I interviewed 07 April and made it on the 05 May DB. My interview group starts class on 19 July. I did not finish my type until 23 May. I am officially in the pool, but they take the latest of the two dates...Interview date....B737 type date whichever is last. I still do not have a class date.

The best to all of you.

learherkjay said:
The person I talked to mentioned that there is probably only one class in August and then they may take September off and start up again in October.

I heard something similar. No interviews for a couple of months either. Not to worry, I have faith in LUV.

Hobbes

SWA classes

Does anyone have any good intel on when classes are going to start up again after the 2 Aug 04 class? Also, does anyone have any type of SWA pool going right now? Should we try to rekindle the SWA Pool list on Flightinfo now that it looks like there might be a bit of a break? Thanks, Pole.

People Dept folks told my friend who is also in the pool that none after 2 August until October.

I'll jump back in the pool.

07 Apr interview
05 May DB
23 May B737 Type

Hoping for October.

Mick

DB News

How soon after the DB did you guys get the continue call? There is a bunch of us patiently waiting the next board.

Thx, JV

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back