• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calling times out while taxi @ CJC - IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
call 'em when the cabin door closes, the aircraft isn't moving and you might be able to add a minute or two to your credit.

it's not a matter of easy, being a wuss, working for cjc, or the fact that i may, in fact, be a retard. it's about what mr. fed will ask me when he catches on.

colgan won't go to bat for me, so i have to cover my own.

it's all good, the union will back you up on it.

U can call times above 5000, but below 10,000 when cruise is above 10,000ft... and if cruise is below 10,000 you can call upon reaching cruise altitude.

You are required to call when ground delays are expected to exceed 15 minutes, or gate delays in excess of 10 minutes. There is nothing in the book that says you can not make these calls as a CA. It does specifically say that you may not confirm gates or reservations for pax. though.

If you are doing it in a way that is ok in the FOPP, the faa won't get mad at you... they approved it.

At least at cjc it's this way

U can call times above 5000, but below 10,000 when cruise is above 10,000ft... and if cruise is below 10,000 you can call upon reaching cruise altitude.

You are required to call when ground delays are expected to exceed 15 minutes, or gate delays in excess of 10 minutes. There is nothing in the book that says you can not make these calls as a CA. It does specifically say that you may not confirm gates or reservations for pax. though.

If you are doing it in a way that is ok in the FOPP, the faa won't get mad at you... they approved it.

At least at cjc it's this way

Bingo!

Holy crap....you poop-heads are really that concerned about this?
talk and drive, get the job done....who gives a rat's behind.
If you're a captain, it's your ship... run it like it is....

I think that the key point is that the aircraft cannot be underway while taxiing and making these "admin" type call-outs. Frequently, at out-stations I would call our times before taking the runway, OR (don't tell) write all the times on the release, hand it out the window and call it good. Those were the not-so-long-ago good old days.

I already have a difficult time communicating to CLL, BPT, and VCT OPS due to the amount of congestion on IAH OPS. Now that our radio traffic is going to double, sounds like handing the out & off times out the window isn't such a bad idea.

Latest resources

Back