• Start date
  • Watchers 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Utter ignorance. ALPA isn't some nebulous entity that makes decisions for your career. YOU are ALPA. Your fellow pilots are ALPA. Get involved and make a difference if you don't like what ALPA has done or is doing. "Blaming" ALPA is useless.
You must be a democrat. Anything said that you don't agree with is "Utter Ignorance"

God Bless the RJDC.

Hauy! T-Hawk go buy some hot dogs! Whenever I feel down and picked on by people who think they're better than me, I eat hot dogs instead of complaining. :laugh: Holy Cow!

the banks and leasing companies are to blame

really, they let the unpaid debt pile up, restructure it, and screw the common shareholders.

i realize it is just business but until judges quit okaying these fuuked up reorg plans then this will conitnue.

other cause. until they quit letting 500 hour wonders climb in a jet this won't stop.

can you imagine your accountant being allowed to practice or your lawyer with a year of classes maybe finance 101, contract 101.?

finally the FAA for no oversight. change the ATP age to 30, 2500 total, and watch this change.

i am handing out blame today , take a number

This is why this board is such a friggin joke. What hypocrites.

The TRUTH is REGIONAL JETS are cancer. And who were the first to bring that cancer to the US Airline Industry??

I can't tell you how happy Comair pilots used to be flying ex mainline routes for substandard compensation, while they paid for training. The E-120's were being parked and they didn't complain one bit. They didn't think anything was wrong with it. Growing like a weed and smiling the whole way up, all the while shutting down ANY flowback from DAL Mainline. That would stop their growth!! Arguments on this board used to be RJDC/mainline wars.

Fast forward to a 'payfreeze' after a big shiny 170 was parked on their ramp like a jungle gym they could all climb over. How long had ASA been trying to get a new contract?? Aren't they still working on it? Hmmm....

Not to mention, but a lot of the Comair punks calling everyone whores and cancer were busy being paid $8/hr as CFI's while the present pilots were out striking. They just showed up in time to vote for no furloughs and lots of 170's, of which they recieved exactly the opposite. Then they blame CHQ??
Oh I see, pinnacle and gojets and TSA aren't flying for Delta yet, and skywest had been mostly contained out west. So who's easiest to blame...

The Majors are finally starting to turn around and hire. And isn't it refreshing to see how opinions change when your number is called to CAL or DAL???
"Well I want to go, but Comair and Skywest and RP are now flying 70-90 seat airplanes for them, it's only a matter of time before regionals are doing everything domestic. And then I'll be on the street again!"

Woops. Who's the cancer now?

T-hawk

P.S. Unfortunately, If CHQ is a cancer, the way this industry is moving I'll never be healthier than I am today. And I think I speak for a lot of others here too. (and if you blame our contract, go back to sitting that ready reserve sequence you were junior manned into, I'll be here at home on my HARD day off.)

Brother, you are right. Comair likes to point fingers, but those of us who remember where they came from consider Comair as the problem.

Brother, you are right. Comair likes to point fingers, but those of us who remember where they came from consider Comair as the problem.

Sorry what was that?? Comair never in its history took an inferior contract in order to secure growth or undercut another company. The current situation is a result of crooked management and a sham bankruptcy resulting in them being paid lower than some other DCI carriers. If not for the BK they would continue to lead the way in regional contracts and probably still get undercut over and over by whores like Mesa and Shaniqua.

RW you are a Cancer!! No offense intended.

Sorry what was that?? Comair never in its history took an inferior contract in order to secure growth or undercut another company. The current situation is a result of crooked management and a sham bankruptcy resulting in them being paid lower than some other DCI carriers. If not for the BK they would continue to lead the way in regional contracts and probably still get undercut over and over by whores like Mesa and Shaniqua.

RW you are a Cancer!! No offense intended.
Easy there, WateryGrave. Sounds like RogerWilco IS Traumahawk

Comair, or any regional, is not the problem. Comair would not have had RJ's if the DELTA pilots had not let it happen. Later, the United guys were pounding their chests saying that no express carriers would have jets. But then the company threw more money at them and they rolled right over, took the money, and gave the flying to the express carriers. If you mainline guys want to blame someone, look in the mirror.

That said, you guys talk about blame as though all this isn't supposed to happen. No where is it written in the heavens, or carved in stone, that jets can ONLY be at the majors. This industry, like every other industry on the face of the earth, is evolving. If you guys had REALISTIC expectations about the job, instead of this pie in the sky "all pilots should make 400K a year and work 9 days a month" nonsense, maybe there wouldn't be such a push to oursource flying to lower cost carriers.

Easy there, WateryGrave. Sounds like RogerWilco IS Traumahawk

I'm definately not.

Thanks for all the offers for mental health rehab and alcohol. Perhaps I need it. Or perhaps it's easy to get a rise out many of you while pointing out that it doesn't make much sense for ANY regional airline to call another cancer. There will always be someone better and someone hopefully trying to get there.

Although, GOJET is not included. Because If my current company is cancer, Goat-Jet is a festering case of a mutated HIV/Herpes strain. And it's contagious.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back