• Start date
  • Watchers 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very true, but the CMR pilots aren't to blame for that. They just flew the airplanes that the DAL pilots allowed to be outsourced. All of this really started when the EAL pilots first allowed the outsourcing of turboprops with the "Eastern Express" name on the side. It's all been down-hill from there. I don't really blame those pilots, because they didn't know what we can now see with 20/20 hindsight, but anyone who's given up scope in the past five years or so is a complete and utter moron. Scope is everything.
You have a point. Ideally, mainline would swallow up the regionals. If nothing else, at least you'd have SOME sort of career progression. You could have an A-B payscale and at least paying your dues would buy you something: A future!

Not today man...you roll the dice with a regional and keep your fingers crossed you don't get furloughed and get your time up so at least you have the prospect of getting looked at by one of the larger carriers.

Yes, all your regionals do suck...but the mainline guys had a big hand to play with that a long ways back when they were too good to fly the tiny planes.

Either way, the regionals won't get better if they don't have the support of mainline behind them.

That's definitely one of the most disturbing avatars I've seen here, Doug.

I might have to put you on my ignore list. Please don't take it personally.

That's definitely one of the most disturbing avatars I've seen here, Doug.

I might have to put you on my ignore list. Please don't take it personally.
Awww....now why do you have to go and say that? Don't you like Tom? :D

If you really wanna blame someone, blame ALPA.

Utter ignorance. ALPA isn't some nebulous entity that makes decisions for your career. YOU are ALPA. Your fellow pilots are ALPA. Get involved and make a difference if you don't like what ALPA has done or is doing. "Blaming" ALPA is useless.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back