• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call to Action... Our futures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
......and there is the post that shows a severe lack of information.

1) Emirates does not operate 737s.

Yeah, there's no way that they could ever purchase or operate them... Impossible.

If there's any doubt as to the depth of Emirates' incestual relationship with their government, their CEO is also the President of their Civil Aviation Authority for eff's sake.

www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/p...pId=24963869&previousTitle=The Emirates Group

Imagine the outrage if Richard Anderson, Jeff Smisek, Doug Parker or Gary Kelly were the FAA Administrator.

Well you make a good point about their CEO. As far as operating 737's? It could happen. But it would be years down the road after the ME3 kills the US&European airlines.

Tail

I was being facetious about the 737's - if they can wrangle an A380, they can sure has heck go out and buy a few of the world's best selling airliners.

An email just received... More "tripe" as typhoonpilot so moronically calls it.

Partnership for Open & Fair Skies

Friend,

It's been two weeks since we kicked off a grassroots campaign to call attention to the violation of Open Skies policy by Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Emirates Airline.

In 14 days, we've seen an outpouring of support. Thousands have joined our team online and are calling on the U.S. government to level the playing field with the Gulf carriers.

Momentum is on our side. Here's why:

Our coalition is growing. We added two new unions to the movement this week. The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA and Communications Workers of America joined our growing base of supporters that's already thousands of workers strong.
The Gulf carriers are in denial. Yesterday, the CEOs from both Emirates and Etihad denied billions of dollars in government assistance…but failed to provide evidence and dodged direct questions.
We're not alone in this fight. The leaders of E.U.-based airlines are calling for similar action against the Gulf carriers. Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr said, Bilateral agreements (with Qatar and the United Arab Emirates) must be reviewed and must be renegotiated.
The government hears our calls for action. U.S. House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bill Shuster said, They're state-owned companies, and they're getting what we believe are infusions of cash, which is not fair.
Jobs are at risk. Doug Parker, CEO of American Airlines, made the stakes clear at this week's Chamber of Commerce Aviation Summit when he said, If you don't level the playing field, jobs will flow from the U.S. to the Gulf. This is a real threat and it’s why we need you to take action now.
You can see we're off to an amazing start – but the Gulf carriers are fighting back, and we know they don't fight fair.

Right now, we need you to get the word out that you stand with the U.S. airlines and airline employees by sharing this post on Facebook or retweeting this tweet.

Let's commit to winning this thing together. Thanks.

Partnership for Open and Fair Skies

For those pilots looking for jobs, the foriegn carriers will probably be hiring US pilots and frankly you don't owe ALPA or the pilots at Delta anything.

Sure you don't owe anyone anything. But if you want a U.S. airline industry to return to you'll not be such an ignorant schlub like some here. Do what you want. The truth hurts though and anyone with a moron's IQ or better knows I am right.

Tail...

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time in Dubai. Go ahead and relocate there. I bet within two years you'll wish you were back here in the USofA. But if you sell out your industry to the sheiks you'll have nowhere else to go. Your problem. Not mine. Don't be naive. Back the PAC.

Tail

TP,

Posted a long response, got lost in the webs.

Anyway, take a look at the white paper on the ME3. Massive cash infusion to a state owned airline under the guise of buying equity is hardly above board.

Nor is covering a large loss on fuel hedging really legit.

Me thinks Ty works for one of the ME3... let's wait and see.

Well... were waiting.

tail

Nope, don't work for one of the ME3.

If there's any doubt as to the depth of Emirates' incestual relationship with their government, their CEO is also the President of their Civil Aviation Authority for eff's sake.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/st...irates%20Group

Imagine the outrage if Richard Anderson, Jeff Smisek, Doug Parker or Gary Kelly were the FAA Administrator.
A very common misunderstanding, the Dubai CAA is not the regulator for the airlines in the UAE. The UAE GCAA is the regulator for the airlines in the UAE. The Dubai CAA simply looks after airport infrastructure and such. It has no authority for pilot licensing, flight and duty time limitations, airline oversight, etc. That is what the UAE GCAA does.

An email just received... More "tripe" as typhoonpilot so moronically calls it.
We can debate, but you'll have to stop with the name calling first. I will not engage someone who stoops to character assassination as a form of debate. Are you not an intelligent educated former navy pilot? Why are you afraid of rational debate?

TP,

Posted a long response, got lost in the webs.

Anyway, take a look at the white paper on the ME3. Massive cash infusion to a state owned airline under the guise of buying equity is hardly above board.

Nor is covering a large loss on fuel hedging really legit.
Dizel and I go back close to a decade and he does not insult me so he gets first response.

Let's talk about the fuel hedge covering. If it actually happened, which we'll probably never know, Emirates pays a dividend to their primary shareholder every year. That dividend has been averaging around $200-300 million for the last few years. So if the government stepped in with a "loan", it certainly is well on it's way to being paid back in full. I would hardly call that a "subsidy". You can read Emirates annual reports for yourself to see the dividend that they pay to their primary shareholder (which is a government investment structure).

Now, on to other points.

Can someone please find for me this mystical "level playing field"? Is there such a thing in any global industry? Weren't at one time, or are still currently: British Airways, Air France, Qantas, Air China, Korean, Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Air India, etc, etc state owned or controlled carriers?

But my cabotage point is when they get them? Do you know what cabotage is?
This one gets brought up a lot. It's a false flag since we all know that pretty much everyone is against it. No foreign passenger airline is asking for cabotage rights in the USA. It's an incredible leap from the issue at hand, which is foreign competition on international routes.

The latest front of the ME3?s war against our carriers is our European routes. After entering an already competitive market in 2013, Emirates now accounts for nearly 19 percent of the bookings between New York and Milan.
So what percentage of the bookings do DAL and UAL account for from NRT to SIN? NRT to MNL? NRT to BKK? , etc. If DAL and UAL can fly 5th freedom why can't Emirates?

..............and better yet, what percentage of the express package and freight market does FedEx and UPS account for in most of the world? Who has a hub in Guangzhou that operates, not just 5th freedom, but 7th freedom flights?

Typhoonpilot

Last edited:
So what percentage of the bookings do DAL and UAL account for from NRT to SIN? NRT to MNL? NRT to BKK? , etc. If DAL and UAL can fly 5th freedom why can't Emirates?

..............and better yet, what percentage of the express package and freight market does FedEx and UPS account for in most of the world? Who has a hub in Guangzhou that operates, not just 5th freedom, but 7th freedom flights?

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/...ivil-Aviation-Organization-ICAO-CREATION.html

"In the economic field, ICAO has no regulatory powers, but one of its constitutional objectives is to "prevent economic waste caused by unreasonable competition." In addition, under the convention, member states undertake to have their international airlines furnish ICAO with traffic reports, cost statistics, and financial statements showing, among other things, all receipts from operations and the sources of such revenues."

So in 44 the concern is the more powerful US carriers would use stronger economics to overrun international air transport by strategically wasting/outspending other countries. The U.S. could not do it then, why do you (Typhoon) think the ME3 can now?

Do not strike from consideration that in 1944 the U.S. had just finished changing the entire world for the better. ME3 countries could not care less about the world, human rights, or anything like that.

Latest resources

Back