• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call from ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, well you can obviously say what you want... I don't see where I am being cocky one bit. This whole thing started because I said I was sick of ExpressJet because of all the back and forth calling/emailing we went through. I know at 700 hours I haven't seen shoot yet never... never said it was hard to get a degree from ERAU's online program... yes anyone can do it - not that difficult. Yea, maybe one day I'll be shooting approaches to 1800RVR like all you great freight dogs. That being said, I have a great deal of respect for all of you that do that all night long.

I applied to PDT about 2 weeks ago with 1900 TT/300 multi and ATP mins, also went to riddle. No call...I faxed, snail mailed, and emailed.

All I'm getting nibbles from is colgan...boggles my mind that 500 hours guys are getting a call...ah well.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
I applied to PDT about 2 weeks ago with 1900 TT/300 multi and ATP mins, also went to riddle. No call...I faxed, snail mailed, and emailed.

All I'm getting nibbles from is colgan...boggles my mind that 500 hours guys are getting a call...ah well.

~wheelsup

Have you tried CHQ, Comair, or ASA.

I know they're all hiring big time right now.

Been updating since feb - recently just hit the 500 xcty and 300 multi, with a fresh first class so I faxed, emailed, snail mailed, another web update, and even called ERAU career services and had the aerosci guy there email my resume to their contact at CHQ.

Applied to ASA, not to comair yet. Chautauqua was/is my first choice regional - but it seems they're hiring 121 and 135 guys right now. Most of my time has been CFI'ing with some ferry flights - I think thats what holding me back.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
Been updating since feb - recently just hit the 500 xcty and 300 multi, with a fresh first class so I faxed, emailed, snail mailed, another web update, and even called ERAU career services and had the aerosci guy there email my resume to their contact at CHQ.

Applied to ASA, not to comair yet. Chautauqua was/is my first choice regional - but it seems they're hiring 121 and 135 guys right now. Most of my time has been CFI'ing with some ferry flights - I think thats what holding me back.

~wheelsup

What is your Total Time?

I have a friend who made the mistake of taking the job at expressjet and now he'll be sitting on reserve for a few years. What a sucker. I can't wait to go to some bottomfeeder regional, get the upgrade, then go to the hype airline of the week, while my buddy is sitting in an airport Starbuck's watching me taxi by in my beech 1900(or Dash 8)

HUH?? Your friend will be sitting reserve for a few years at XJT?? Thats odd..... I don't know anyone that stod reserve at XJT for more than like 6 mounths. I had a relief line n three months.

Last edited:
wheelsup: I applied to PDT and called them immediately and talked to Sheila. Right then and there I got an interview date for the following Thursday. I guess it's just at the right time. I don't see why you would have such a difficult time at 1900/300. At my ASA interview there were 4 guys with less than 1000 hours. They did tell us however, that we were the first on the list to send a resume when they lowered their mins to 600/100. Could be part of it, who knows. Good luck with whichever airline picks you up.

Latest resources

Back