• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Call from ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this is getting out of hand. I'm sure anyone who's posting here would have taken a job offer at 700 hours. Geee Whiiiiz!! I have a friend who made the mistake of taking the job at expressjet and now he'll be sitting on reserve for a few years. What a sucker. I can't wait to go to some bottomfeeder regional, get the upgrade, then go to the hype airline of the week, while my buddy is sitting in an airport Starbuck's watching me taxi by in my beech 1900(or Dash 8).

I don't care what I fly, I don't care what airline I work for (right now anyway at 700 hours and 23 years old)... maybe one day when I have 4000+ hours I can say yea, screw that airline, they are this and they are that.... I DON'T CARE...

I don't like ExpressJet not because it took them a while to call me back, but because of they way they run their hiring department. If they call me now and say Nick come fly our ERJ, I'll be there in a heartbeat, any 700 hour guy would, DUH.... but I was just angry about the way they seem to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Why does this have to get all drawn out into "yea you're a ho in my book" and "yea you cocky kid" etc... it doesn't... I don't understand why you all like to bash the youth... I guess sometimes you forget where you came from?

what are the average hiring minimums for PDT. Can someone get on with less than 1000 and 100 multi?

how do they view bought multi time 50/50 safety pilot stuff.

Any info on their hiring process would be helpful.
Thanks.

Hipster Loser said:
what are the average hiring minimums for PDT. Can someone get on with less than 1000 and 100 multi?

how do they view bought multi time 50/50 safety pilot stuff.

Any info on their hiring process would be helpful.
Thanks.

Most airlines don't care about how you got the multi time. I split like 200 hours of multi with another friend when I was time building. We made it worth our while by doing Angelflights.

BlackPilot628 said:
Most airlines don't care about how you got the multi time. I split like 200 hours of multi with another friend when I was time building. We made it worth our while by doing Angelflights.

What were your times when you got on with CHQ?

TT
ME
IFR

Thanks.

I was on reserve for 6 weeks at ExpressJet! Newhires here can now expect 2 or 3 months reserve on average,

Hipster Loser said:
What were your times when you got on with CHQ?

TT
ME
IFR

Thanks.

Well CHQ is my 2nd 121. So my times were not really high but the 121 and Turbine time helped. Below is my info.

Regions Air was my first 121. My times when I started there were:

TT- 1365
ME- 450 (50 Turbine)
IFR- 250

At CHQ

TT- 1700
ME- 750 (375 turb)
IFR- 350

Thats a rough estimate

Thanksfor the response.

you seem to have had a lot of time. I thought maybe they would hire lower time folks. Ive heard somewhere that PDT hires pretty low time pilots, like 5- 600 TT with 50 multi.

Just lookin to get hired with 1000 / 100 dont care too much which regional. just want my foot in the door.

The questions PDT asks according to the WFFF gouge seem pretty easy, or at least i could answer most of them off the top of my head.

Any advice on which regional would hire with the lowest times?

not concerned about QOL. just that first job.
Thanks to all.

PA HO... Really to say the least you are cocky... Thats ok, most pilots are. Just remember you havn't come from crap yet. The comment remember where you came from??? According to you, you haven't come from crap, anyone can get an online degree from EU but it takes dedication and some people skills to do it the real way. And there is also something to be said for putting your time in building your experience. With 700 hours, I don't think you have seen anything yet. Do approaches to 1800RVR all night long then come back standing tall. I fly freight all night long, love my job, love flying, have great experiences that most pilots never get, and consider myself to be a good pilot. However I am never cocky or arrogant about flying, because it will bite you in the ass one day, I just hope your fast enough to get your ass out of the way. I would love to see your attitude in the cockpit flying with some senior CAPT. breathing down your neck.

Congrats on getting the job. It does feel good to finally move on, yes I know... But show a little reservation and try not to be so conceited.

I tried to get hired with lower times with no luck. I graduated from EARU just like PA31Ho did. But, I graduated 20 months after 9-11, so jobs were few and far between. I did find a job flying a BE58 and PA31 until I got hired at Corpex. (Regions Air) I didn't complain to much, after all I was 22 when I was hired by Corpex and 23 here at CHQ.

My motto was, Take whatever job comes to you first, get some time and then move on.

CHQ was hiring people into the E145 with 900 hours. Maybe someone else can chime in about that, as I'm not very sure if they're still doing that.

With low time I would try, Scenic Air, (out West) CommutAir, and/or Colgan.

Latest resources

Back