Call from ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blesko

Got a call from the recruiter at ExpressJet here earlier in the week with a request for an updated resume!! Anyone on the inside know where and how the hiring process at this point in time. I'm currently a 141 asst chief cfi with 1700 and 150 multi...just wondering, any help is greatly appreciated.

Express Jet is currently hiring people with as little as 600 hours (there were 2 of these in my class). Of course these people went to pilot factories, but your time is very competitive. The word at the training center is they are hiring until the end of the year. Classes are starting almost weekly and it can take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month before they call you for an interview. Good luck, feel free to pm me if you want anymore info.

I'm in the same boat. I submitted an online resume in early June, and got a call on Tuesday from an intern requesting an updated resume.

quite frankly I'm sick of ExpressJet.... it's a long story, but basically several times I've got calls "send resume", and got those "thanks but no thanks letters" and the "if you are interested in a job with expressjet, please visit our website and apply", blah blah... i got a call last week from a guy that said we are interested can you send an updated resume. 2 days later: "you don't match our experience level requirements"... whatever... I must have gone back and forth with them 5 times in the last year.

You will get a call 2-4 weeks after sending in your updated resume to set up an interview a few weeks out! The process is very slow.

"quite frankly I'm sick of ExpressJet..."

Wow! How can you be quite sick of anything at 700 hours? Douche.

Is that picture in your avatar the worst weather you've ever seen? Did you fly 500 miles around it or just stay on the ground. Enjoy your career at Mesa.

Yep, flew all the way up to michigan to get around it... those green spots, their quite something, let me tell ya... Yea I am quite sick of ExpressJet - they are all screwey over there - they can't ever get anything right as far as the hiring dept goes. I had other interviews and am actually waiting a classdate at Piedmont, so it's not like I'm pressured to go anywhere ASAP.

Keep your smartass comments to yourself. Thank You.

700 hours, still in college and you are already are 'over" any airline that do not call jump at you with your broad experience? Man are you in for a long career.

PA Ho,

It is surprising how much you don't know. Maybe your comments are just flamebait but ... Well enjoy being part of that USAir family - let us know how that year 5 pay at $31 works out for you.

Last edited:
PA31Ho said:
Yep, flew all the way up to michigan to get around it... those green spots, their quite something, let me tell ya... Yea I am quite sick of ExpressJet - they are all screwey over there - they can't ever get anything right as far as the hiring dept goes. I had other interviews and am actually waiting a classdate at Piedmont, so it's not like I'm pressured to go anywhere ASAP.

Keep your smartass comments to yourself. Thank You.

"Waaaaaa, they did'nt hire me, Waaaaaaaa, it's gonna be great at Piedmont,they were nice to me, Waaaaa"

Latest resources

Back