Call from ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lj1313 said:
Ha................. if he is for real, he is going to be a real joy to fly with!!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when those senior PDT and ALG eat him alive!!

I don't care that they don't want me, all I said in the beginning is that they seem like they don't even know what's going on. I'm not upset that they didn't offer me a job...

lj1313: I have 700 hours and Piedmont wants me, I'm going to go with them... I am not being picky at all, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Sweatpro: yes, I will enjoy my time at USAir - flying for an airline at 700 hours... that's all I need and want.

Just sounds like you all are unhappy where you are and have to take it out on a rookie like myself.

Last edited:
I am not unhappy where I am right now - better off than many. Just understand that at Peidmont you are going to be making $24 an hour for a wholly owned of USAir probably on reserve for a while. The initial excitement of wearing a damn uniform and being an "airline pilot" will wear off quickly. How many people are leaving there for elsewhere and why? Why do they hire you at 700 TT when that is half of their published mins?

Because I went to Riddle... at least that's what they told me. Not that there is anything great about Riddle, actually I did their Online school - didn't even step foot on the real campus - and I really have no desire to.

But I'll fly for Santa Clause at 700 hours... People are leaving Piedmont, people are leaving ExpressJet, people are leaving ASA, Mesa, etc... a regional is not a great QOL for most people from what I understand, but at least I'll be making some money flying.

Yea, I know it'll get old after a while. Believe me, if I could get on with a corporate gig at 700 hours, I would much rather do that. But at least Piedmont is willing to give me an opportunity to fly their aircraft with my experience (or there lack of I should say).

Last edited:
PA31Ho said:
Sweatpro: yes, I will enjoy my time at USAir - flying for an airline at 700 hours... that's all I need and want.

You have definetly earned the 'ho' nickname in my book. Get ready to have your yap shut many times by the Piedmont guys. Too bad you weren't hired by Xjet, because I would of loved to have cut your youthful cockiness down to size.

PA31Ho,

Good Luck at PDT. Just try and be careful what you say on this board and in the Cockpit. Sometimes people will take your statements the way you don't intend them to be taken.

Express Jet does have a little different hiring process and may even need there recruitment department revamped; but they run one he!l of and Airline. For the most part the Pilots like it and they're QOL tends to be pretty good after the first 6 months or so. They have a kick ass contract in my opinion and nice equipment. Try not to hate to much.

You having 700 hours really doesn't make you attractive to many airlines. PDT is a good airline and I think you'll enjoy flying the ole Dash.
Consider yourself lucky that you've found a 121 job.

I'm not going to hate on you, just watch what you say about other airlines, especially Express Jet. They are one of the better regional's.

Good Luck!

Nimtz:
You have definetly earned the 'ho' nickname in my book. Get ready to have your yap shut many times by the Piedmont guys. Too bad you weren't hired by Xjet, because I would of loved to have cut your youthful cockiness down to size.

What makes you say I'm cocky? All I am saying is that I am greatful that PDT wants to give me a chance to fly their Dash at only 700 hours... don't think that's cocky in my book.

BlackPilot628:
Good Luck at PDT. Just try and be careful what you say on this board and in the Cockpit. Sometimes people will take your statements the way you don't intend them to be taken.

Apparently that is what is happening. Never said I don't like ExpressJet - they were my #1 for a long time - not that I can be picky at 700hrs - but I have a few old flight instructors that are flying for them.
I don't think I'll have my 'yap shut' by anyone because I don't think I'm the kind of cocky young boy you think I am.

You having 700 hours really doesn't make you attractive to many airlines. PDT is a good airline and I think you'll enjoy flying the ole Dash.
Consider yourself lucky that you've found a 121 job.

Again, I consider myself VERY lucky to have found somebody that will give me an opportunity to work for them and fly their equipment.

You're not cocky?

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! ExpressJet took over 2 hours to call me back after I sent my resume! I hate ExpressJet, they don't want me, WAAAAAAAAAAA!"

You have 700 hours, don't be picky. If you walk into the Dash cockpit with your attitude, you will be told where you can go sit. I've met some PDT/ALG guys, they don't put up with cockiness.

Latest resources

Back