Californians, please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skeezer said:
Who cares what other states feel about California? They all suck compared to it.
Peace!

Skeezer

Hey Skeezer,

You almost sound like a Texan. Too bad for you, you're not, and California isn't either.

Long live the REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

enigma

PS. just kidding.

wil said:
You have to love liberals and their follies!! But, when you stand for nothing except the reacquisition of power the Libs will try anything!! And, since they see nothing but the color of someone's skin it makes sense to them. Since the idea of granting licenses to illegals is mostly directed towards our friends south of the border I will address that only.
Having lived in Mexico I have to say that they are a wonderful people. Great food, drink and a zest for life. All life! Ya, that's right most are pro-life!! Because, (drum role) most are very religious Roman Catholics! The also love to own guns!! 4 Wheelers are also very popular!
So the Liberals think that by allowing a group a license thereby gaining voting access that this group will block vote for the Dems.
Thinking that a group will vote a certain way because of their ethnicity sounds awfully racist to me!!

What about all the illegals from eastern block countries? Nobody talks about them right? I guees they are OK. I GUARENTEE YOU that if all those illegals were from Europe all of you conservatives would welcome them with open arms. So if most illegals from Mexico are conservative Republicans, how come the GOP wants to kick em' out? You know the answer to that.....

See you in 2004....

No matter who is responsible for this, IT IS AN IDIOTIC IDEA! I agree, it needs to be sh*t canned and fast! If you lived near the border, and had to deal with all the illegal alien issues in your city, you would understand better why this is such a bad idea too.

TIS said:
There are many reasons to oppose this law including, but not limited to, the following:

1. A foreign Drivers License IS considered to be proof of competence to operate a motor vehicle in the state of California. A California license is therefore not necessary for a Mexican National, for example, to possess in order to operate a motor vehicle within the state’s borders.

True, it is absolutely NOT necessary!! (No matter what country they come from.) So why offer it?! Esp when you consider #4 below...

TIS said:
2. A California Drivers License is considered in all of the 50 states, U.S Territories and protectorates, and indeed in many foreign nations, to be valid, stand-alone proof of identification for any individual who possesses one.

******The reason for this is that current law requires proof of birth date and legal presence in the U.S. as well as a Social Security Number in order to obtain this license. *****

Negating these requirements destroys the foundation of trust that others rightfully place in the document and puts the credibility of California-issued documentation at risk.
[/B]

That middle part is outrageous! We have enough illegals in this state. Giving them an ID will only make it easier for them to get a free ride and elude deportation because they will be assumed to be citizens or at the very least, green card holders.

TIS said:
3. When a person applies for a Drivers License in California they are AUTOMATICALLY offered the opportunity to register to vote – simply by checking a box on their application. It is not a stretch to consider that a person who would break this country’s laws to come here illegally would also break its laws relating to the most fundamental right of citizenship by checking that box.

4. Whether you support governmental advocacy for illegal immigrants or not, this law is a bad law because it permits, and even INVITES, without recourse, fraud on a massive scale in a number of VERY critical areas. [/B]

Only one point was enough to get me to sign.......

Your post was moronic. You are making an assumption that all Republicans are racists. B.S. It doesn't matter if the illegals are white, brown, black, yellow, or purple, they are still LAW BREAKERS. Mexicans get picked out because they outnumber the rest, and the fact that Mexico is adjacent to the USA; to call a group racist because they are identifying a visible problem is ignorant.

In short:
Boot ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS out of our country IMMEDIATELY, REGARDLESS OF ORIGIN.

Most liberals, like I was, tend to lose sight of the idea of our country being a country of laws, and the importance that we continue to obey those laws. Many people are waiting patiently for American citizenship and they deserve to have their patience rewarded, not circumvented.

We also need to make a clear distinction between Cubans who are political dissidents and are rightly eligible for asylum, and those who are simply tired of Castro and want to live in Miami. We can't have an entire country of asylum-eligible people within boating distance of America without finding some way to properly qualify the immigrants, just as we have always done.

While one of our major strengths is the wide variety of people that make up the USA, we need to retain a modicum of control over how many people from individual counties are entering the US.

We have not done that. Indeed, we have not even enforced our own laws, creating a global welfare center for free benefits.

Latest resources

Back