• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Californians, please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm confused. Where is the personal attack on Davis? Where is the Davis bashing? Was it there, and then edited?

Am looking forward to signing the petition.

Regards.

Furloboy...exactly...

English........you need to relax and re-read TIS' post. Where is all this supposed "personnal bashing" you are huffing and puffing about (especially in his first post)??

It is quite evident to most other people reading this thread that he is attcking the issue of illegal aliens being allowed to get drivers licenses (which I would be totally against also....yet another reason why California should just break off and float away).

Don't promote it here.

Geeze, what fun would we have if pilots couldn't vent a little here?

Seriously, I haven't run across much material where Davis is being "bashed". Taken to task for his policies and activities, absolutely. That's politics.

TIS, thanks for mentioning the license issue. This is a seemingly benign, yet far reaching issue that can affect the future of not only California, but the nation.

My apologies then, for taking TIS to task. I've just heard so much name-calling of Davis that I was reading more into TIS' post than there was.

"This driver's license idea is yet another example of the stupidity that goes on out there."

Not to mention the fact that they've elected the Terminator as their governor. Don't Californians realize that they're the laughing stock of the U.S. right now?

AeroBoy said:
Don't Californians realize that they're the laughing stock of the U.S. right now?

Who cares what other states feel about California? They all suck compared to it.

If California seceeded (sp?) from the union we would have something like the 5th largest economy in the world. The management may need some work but CA is the best state in the union (my opinion of course :D ).

Besides, where do all the hot chicks want to go when they turn 18? Yup, California baby!! Laugh at our state all you want, we can't hear you over all your ladies moaning and screaming!! YEAH!!

Peace!

Skeezer

Last edited:
I would remind you that...

...people laughed when the recall idea was first proposed. They laughed harder while signatures were quietly and patiently being gathered, and they laughed hardest when the Secretary of State tried to refuse to certify the signatures that had been gathered when signature requirements were met. If it wasn't the recall itself being impossibly absurd, it was the field of candidates running. EVERYONE who said, "No," in any way, however, at ANY point in the entire process, has been PROVEN to be out of step and out of touch with political and social reality.

In short, THEY WERE ALL WRONG!

So, I would ask, what reason is there to believe that they are now suddenly correct in their assessments of the viability of Arnold's administration? There isn't even an administration in place to assess yet!!! Their analytical abilities are presumably the same ones they used to poo-poo the recall. That's some pretty shaky ground, as appropriate as that may be for California, upon which to rest new forecasts of doom and gloom for the state.

California is the fifth largest economy in the world! This state has an obligation to be better run than most because the consequences of NOT running it properly have a DIRECT and DRAMATIC bearing on the nation as a whole, like it or not. I think you have to give the voters here credit for understanding that, at the very least, they were not being served by their leader in a way that merited continued employment in that position.

I didn't vote for Arnold because I didn't think he was the best qualified candidate, but he DOES represent a significant change from Davis and the politics-as-usual crowd that have run my home state into the ground. I'm willing to watch and see what he does. What I know is that if he can earn my vote in 2006 it'll be because he's put enough things straight to see improvements on the horizon.

Job one, in my book, is getting this Driver's License thing OFF the state's books! Or, as Hans und Franz would say, "Get this girly-man law out of my sight. Legislators will put down barbells and prepare for manly government NOW!" At least we have a governor who can do the accent better than Dana Carvey. That's gotta be a plus!

TIS

You have to love liberals and their follies!! But, when you stand for nothing except the reacquisition of power the Libs will try anything!! And, since they see nothing but the color of someone's skin it makes sense to them. Since the idea of granting licenses to illegals is mostly directed towards our friends south of the border I will address that only.
Having lived in Mexico I have to say that they are a wonderful people. Great food, drink and a zest for life. All life! Ya, that's right most are pro-life!! Because, (drum role) most are very religious Roman Catholics! The also love to own guns!! 4 Wheelers are also very popular!
So the Liberals think that by allowing a group a license thereby gaining voting access that this group will block vote for the Dems.
Thinking that a group will vote a certain way because of their ethnicity sounds awfully racist to me!!

Many liberal policies are based on the very racist idea that non-white people are unable to compete in the world without a government imposed bias.

Most of the cubans in Florida are Republicans. :D

Re: Gray Davis

prodigal said:
Nice guy? Oh well, then. That changes everything. Eva Braun thought Adolf was nice, too, no doubt.
Say what you will about Adolph...he loved dogs and hated smokers. :D

(Put the pick-axes down, guys. I'm kidding.)

Latest resources

Back