• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL Merger Done Next Week

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will "Continental Express" remain as the name of the regional or will it now have to become "United Express" post-merger? Maybe just "Expressjet." I guess it's time to invest in the aircraft paint manufacturers... It's a money-making opportunity!

Will "Continental Express" remain as the name of the regional or will it now have to become "United Express" post-merger? Maybe just "Expressjet." I guess it's time to invest in the aircraft paint manufacturers... It's a money-making opportunity!

Well since ExpressJet owns their own paint shop, I guess they're one step ahead of ya...

CAL [we] are at least as significant to the new operation/brand as NWA was/is to the new Delta.

I hope they will find a way to recognize CAL.

I believe it will be, and I believe that this will become a fantastic company. Just one request, please, don't make the rememberance those crappy embroidered wing shirts. :)

rum "12250 out of 12750 with 10 years and not really giving a chit" runner

I believe it will be, and I believe that this will become a fantastic company. Just one request, please, don't make the rememberance those crappy embroidered wing shirts. :)

rum "12250 out of 12750 with 10 years and not really giving a chit" runner

I hope we can RID ourselves of the CRAPPY UNITED UNIFORM! Pencil thin stripes and a striped tie..BLACK AND GOLD BABY!

That's interesting. How are things when you guys share facilities? I've never heard of pissing contests amongst the groups but does that stuff take place there?

If a "facility" is a taxiway, of course it does. I heard a "professional" Mad-dog pilot having a go today on the RT with fellow "professional" Airbus driver over taxi speed.

Being dwarfed by these two behemoths, I had a quiet chuckle to myself and dreamt of how I might one day aspire to become one of these hallowed breed of aviation gods. For right now I shall be content to feed them with 50 passengers a time, and look forward to the day when 767's begin service to my peaceful little corner of Tennessee.

Y'all have at it. It's really so entertaining.

If a "facility" is a taxiway, of course it does. I heard a "professional" Mad-dog pilot having a go today on the RT with fellow "professional" Airbus driver over taxi speed.

Being dwarfed by these two behemoths, I had a quiet chuckle to myself and dreamt of how I might one day aspire to become one of these hallowed breed of aviation gods. For right now I shall be content to feed them with 50 passengers a time, and look forward to the day when 767's begin service to my peaceful little corner of Tennessee.

Y'all have at it. It's really so entertaining.

We will...enjoy the barbie jet

I think the merger airline should be called "UCON Air Lines" , or maybe "CONU Air Lines" ! ...Good Luck to both groups.

I hope we can RID ourselves of the CRAPPY UNITED UNIFORM! Pencil thin stripes and a striped tie..BLACK AND GOLD BABY!

You are not thinking clearly. The UAL uniform is obviously the way to go. If you take our tie and embroider a golden M on it you can use it to take orders at the golden arches!! Supersize that!!

Do we really care about what color our uniform would be. I can think of one or two things just a little more pressing.

You are not thinking clearly. The UAL uniform is obviously the way to go. If you take our tie and embroider a golden M on it you can use it to take orders at the golden arches!! Supersize that!!...
:D

Do we really care about what color our uniform would be. I can think of one or two things just a little more pressing.

Exactly, who cares what the uniform looks like (or the paint on the airplanes).
If we stand together on the basic principles that we can all agree on we can get this thing started off right. (which will put us ALL on track for a bright future)
If we bog down in the minutia, we won't pull together on the line and the corporate gamble that we are all being forced to participate in will fail.

Last edited:
ALPA gets another chance to prove if they're a bunch of genuflecting pansies like in the Delta merger contract fleecing, or will finally get off their knees in front of management and start defending the profession.

Frankly, I don't expect any change from the current disgraceful reputation of ALPA. But, I'm trying to "Keep Hope Alive."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back