CAL/UAL .....again...and fearful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kugelblitz

As an employee of CAL I am reading with great trepidation some of the statements made regarding a renewed effort to merge us with UAL. Is everyone out there extrapolating this from their posterior or is there some legitimate reason to think that this once balked deal (very dramatically balked deal) is now back in the works.

I know there are a lot of you out there that would love to see this out of a sense of grim fascination (like watching UAL file CH.7) but all that aside, where is the impetus for all this talk of a new merger deal? Why would UAL seem more attractive now that they are $780 mill poorer than they were last spring? As a company insider I will admit that there are completely unsubstantiated rumors of Kellner leaving in the winter and Bethune coming back, but we are also negotiating a contract right now and I find these leadership change scenarios fanciful and distracting to the pilot group.

So, I am not interested in anyones 'informed opinion' but if anyone out there has links to legitimate information sources to lend credibiltiy to this idea of a renewed CAL/UAL merger I would appreciate it. As a pilot on his 6th airline and a refugee of the AA/TWA debacle one can understand my concerns. If a merger were to occur, I have every confidence that my job will be taken away yet again.

The real sickening part of having someone help themselves to your job that they had no expectation of ever having is listening to the self-righteous rhetoric that these individuals conjure. We are an amazingly nihilistic and inhumane group packaged in a pretty uniform.

United management, very best of luck but please leave us out of your mess!!

There are only rumors, no Legitimate article's on the subject. The Gorden and Larry swap is a new one on me though.....
See ya around campus...
Happy Landings

If there's money to be put in the pockets of management, like that moron Tilton, you can bet there'll be a merger, despite what you, I or anyone else thinks or cares.
Good luck to you.

I've heard the same thing about Gordan here at UAL...makes sense he's the only one with the intelligence to make this thing work...maybe.

A smarter play would be to wait it out, and pick up only the pieces of UAL that you want. As a whole, it's a $hitty partner to get in bed with. But some of the pieces are worth big-bucks!

1. UAL will NOT declare Chapter 7.
2. UAL/CAL will merger.

You saw it here first.

The rumors I'm hearing is that they're sending Larry over to UAL to prepare it for Ch. 7 asset acquisition after they fold. Who knows though?

Blah blah blah blah.....we'll be talking about this for the next 10 years. It's not going to happen.

DAL/NWA is a done deal.

UAL/CAL is back on the front burner.....

UAL is NOT going Chapter 7!

Good luck to us all.

Latest resources

Back