• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL tp start IAH to Auckland, NZ nonstop on 787

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, this is BS. FNWA pilots cannot bid our current 777s. Um, nope.
Um, yep. You're wrong.
From DTW320's above post:

744 and 777 Fences
All pilots are able to enter AE, VD or MD bids for all categories even though the 777 and 744 categories are fenced fleets. Pre-merger Northwest pilots are able to bid for otherwise unfilled 777 positions, but they will be sequenced after pre-merger DL pilots when filling positions on the 777. Conversely, pre-merger Delta pilots are able to bid for otherwise unfilled 744 positions, but they will be sequenced after pre-merger NW pilots when filling positions on the 744.

If the 787s are cnx, and replaced with 777s, then maybe, but no FNWA pilot can bid the 777s NOW. Where am I wrong again?
Look at the red underlined text

Look, you are the arogant azz if you think you can weasle some crazy idea into the facts. I guess we can all BID anything we want, but being awarded something is a different story, for 5 years PAL.

Bye Bye--General Lee
It's alright to admit it when you're wrong.

GL....you call EWR, CLE and IAH sewers...maybe you should open your eyes...ATL Sucks B@lls!! I would put it right there with the others...or worse.

On the other side, YOU ARE WRONG interpreting your OWN CONTRACT!! Just admit you are wrong you Jack@ZZ!

Good luck to the CAL/UAL merger...hopefully it is not the "Sh!tStorm" that has become US.

I would think the same thing. However, G.L. is wrong in his statement. Additionally, you will find that as movement continues faster and faster, there will be some awards on these jets. Captain will go more junior, and so will the 74 and 777 f/o positions. Let me put it this way, I would not be surprised to find a fDAL or fNWA got one of the awards.

I'm sure my line of thinking on this is pretty typical for the fNWA side... I see the fenced 744 as my only chance of getting a top paying FO seat anytime in the next few years. Despite protests to the contrary, fDAL guys are going to take the A330 seats as they open up, and they'll take 744 seats as soon as they can. I'm not mad about this, it's just reality. Most guys are going to take the pay raise if they can get it. If I can use the fences to get into the 744, I'll take it at my first opportunity. I'd love to get that 747 type rating before they head to the bone yard. This is kind of a long way around just to reiterate the point that I really don't expect there to ever be a shortage of former NWA guys bidding the 744. BTW, I'm a late 99 hire at NWA, so it has to go at least that junior before a fDAL guy gets it.

How likely is it that a pre-merger NWA pilot would allow an open 744 FO slot to go unfilled? Not likely. I am sure some random Diesel 9 FO would love to switch to the 744. So, the fences are still barriers to the opposite pilot group so long as there is a financial incentive to switch to the larger aircraft.

Holy crap, General. The update was fine, but why the dig on LBB, STL, or TUL? Seriously dude, what difference does it make who flies what to where? I do it because it pays the bills. My turn to LBB just happen to pay my bills off faster than if I was flying a 777 anywhere. I would love to fly another airplane, but not for less money. In the end, I only care about the money and schedule. When I was in the infancy of my career, it was all about the airplane and its horsepower-not anymore. Frankly, if I could find a way for the folks over at the company to just send me my check and never fly an airliner again, I could live with that;)

Enjoy your feud with yourself though, it makes me laugh.

This is verbatim from the 12/14/2009 Delta MEC Scheduling Alert that was put out at the time of the first joint AE posting at that time:

744 and 777 Fences
All pilots are able to enter AE, VD or MD bids for all categories even though the 777 and 744 categories are fenced fleets. Pre-merger Northwest pilots are able to bid for otherwise unfilled 777 positions, but they will be sequenced after pre-merger DL pilots when filling positions on the 777. Conversely, pre-merger Delta pilots are able to bid for otherwise unfilled 744 positions, but they will be sequenced after pre-merger NW pilots when filling positions on the 744.

It was signed by the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the DALPA scheduling committee.

THIS was published in the 12/24/2009 Scheduling Alert entitled:
FAQs – December 2009 AE Bid Posting

Q-2. What happens if there are insufficient pre-merger bidders for 744 or 777 categories?

A-2. If there are vacancies remaining in the DTW744 categories after all the pre-merger Northwest pilots’ preferences have been processed (insufficient bidders), pre-merger Delta pilots who have bid the category will be awarded these vacant positions in seniority order. Similarly, if there are vacancies remaining in the ATL or DTW 777 categories after all pre-merger Delta pilots’ preferences have been processed (insufficient bidders), pre-merger Northwest pilots who have bid the category will be awarded these vacant positions in seniority order. Pilots awarded these vacancies due to insufficient bidders in a fenced category (if any) will exercise their seniority within the category for monthly schedules. However, in the event of subsequent displacements on a future Advance Entitlement Bid, these pilots would be displaced prior to anyone else in the category.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of the CAL 787 service to NZ...

Great, means NOTHING. You can also win the Powerball, it says it in the RULES. You can't win if you don't play! Any DL-S guy who thinks he/she will get a 744B slot prior to the 5 year mark after SOC is fooling themselves. This last bid was a fluke because guys who left on the initial 69 FO displacement 2 bids ago went somewhere closer to their homes. (like LAX 7ER) That left a wide gap and not many thought they could hold it. If they held the bid again, it would be a different story. DAL-N pilots will hold ALL of those seats until the 5 year mark is up, and same goes for the current 777s at DL for the S guys. Sorry, a FENCE is a FENCE, but at least you have the contract to give some people false hope. Insufficient bidders on the largest plane we have, that pays the most? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Bye Bye--General Lee

^
Nup, you are just stupid. You don't know how to read. See above====^

I can't wait to see you bid it, again, and again, and again, and again, and still not get it. Your pipe dreams are just that, and I think the Mega Millions lottery is waiting for you too. Go for it! Keep dreamin! Talk about stupid, look in the mirror. Yeah, nobody at the bottom of the DAL-N side wants to fly the largest plane with the highest pay...........Wake up. What you need to do is look at the WHOLE picture, not the small print that really means little.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Um, yep. You're wrong.
From DTW320's above post:

744 and 777 Fences

Look at the red underlined text

It's alright to admit it when you're wrong.

So, do you really believe that? Really? Insufficient bidders? Really? I think you may be on crack too. But hey, someone has to win the lottery too. You can't win if you don't play! The bottom guy on the 744 still has more than 1000 DAL-N pilots below him, and the 744 pays a lot more than a DC9. Yeah, they don't want a 200% pay raise, nah!

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL....you call EWR, CLE and IAH sewers...maybe you should open your eyes...ATL Sucks B@lls!! I would put it right there with the others...or worse.

On the other side, YOU ARE WRONG interpreting your OWN CONTRACT!! Just admit you are wrong you Jack@ZZ!

Good luck to the CAL/UAL merger...hopefully it is not the "Sh!tStorm" that has become US.

Wait, didn't you just get on with Virgin America? You did? Really? So, when is your next interview? Talk about winning the lottery, your airline is now down to $25 million in cash. If you ever win the Mega Millions, you need to donate it all to VA, and fast. Only $25 million in cash? That is what my Father-N-law has in his safe at home! Good luck with that! Maybe you can go scab for Spirit.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I'm sure my line of thinking on this is pretty typical for the fNWA side... I see the fenced 744 as my only chance of getting a top paying FO seat anytime in the next few years. Despite protests to the contrary, fDAL guys are going to take the A330 seats as they open up, and they'll take 744 seats as soon as they can. I'm not mad about this, it's just reality. Most guys are going to take the pay raise if they can get it. If I can use the fences to get into the 744, I'll take it at my first opportunity. I'd love to get that 747 type rating before they head to the bone yard. This is kind of a long way around just to reiterate the point that I really don't expect there to ever be a shortage of former NWA guys bidding the 744. BTW, I'm a late 99 hire at NWA, so it has to go at least that junior before a fDAL guy gets it.

Wow, how about every DAL-S guy read the above. Every DAL-N pilot will bid it before any DAL-S guy gets it. And, Delta isn't getting any more 744s as of right now (earlier rumors stated maybe, but to no avail). Good luck with the 744B bidding BOYS! It's called a FENCE.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back