Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

catIIIc

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articl...mktNews&rpc=44

MUMBAI, March 7 (Reuters) - Continental Airlines Inc. (CAL.N: Quote, Profile , Research), the No. 4 U.S. carrier, said on Wednesday it would launch daily non-stop flights between financial hub Mumbai and New York/Newark from Oct. 31, subject to government approvals.
The Houston-based carrier has operated a New Delhi-New York non-stop service since 2005.
"We are excited about extending our Indian route network to Mumbai," Jim Summerford, Continental's vice president for Europe, Middle East and India, said in a statement.
The Mumbai-New York/Newark flights will be operated with a Boeing 777-200 aircraft, it said.........

Cp told me a month ago it was going to be Dubai or Mumbai. I wish it was the other bai. Oh well. At least it is another productive trip.

We stay at a really nice Mumbai hotel (atleast for Mumbai standards), but the surrounding area is very very poor, and deformed beggers are all around. A lot of families deform one of their kids after birth so he/she could be a "better begger." The flight back from Mumbai to NYC has blocked in at close to 17 hours nonstop, and usually there is a 48 hour layover there. Enjoy! (PS--we are starting ATL--Dubai in May)

Bye Bye--General Lee

We stay at a really nice Mumbai hotel (atleast for Mumbai standards), but the surrounding area is very very poor, and deformed beggers are all around. A lot of families deform one of their kids after birth so he/she could be a "better begger." The flight back from Mumbai to NYC has blocked in at close to 17 hours nonstop, and usually there is a 48 hour layover there. Enjoy! (PS--we are starting ATL--Dubai in May)

Bye Bye--General Lee

What do you mean by "deform one of their children to be a better begger" ?

That sounds like a horrible thing to do to a child.

Once in Delhi I saw a one legged guy who cut his other one as if losing a leg wasn't bad enough. He chased my rickshaw (spelling?) for a couple hundred yards keeping up using a stick for a crutch. You'll go broke if you give to all who ask but I had to give this guy a couple hundred rupees for his effort.

Wow, that's horrible. Guess we should all be thankful for living in a first world country.

Great.

Yet another nonstop I can take to beat the sh*t out of my Dell technical support agent! :smash:

Bye Bye--General Lee

I take it this is another one of those international trips that I will never get to fly at Southwest. (what am i going to do with myself)

Latest resources

Back