• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL to Mumbai

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean by "deform one of their children to be a better begger" ?

That sounds like a horrible thing to do to a child.

They would pick one of their younger children as a baby and tie their arm in a weird postion, or break the arm early and not allow it to heal. It just deforms them and then people feel sorry and give them more money. There is also a scam where some lady asks you to buy her milk from the local grocery store. The thing is, she has a deal with the store manager, and when you buy it for her for full price, she takes it and then returns it to the manager, and splits the difference with him. He puts the milk right back on the shelf. Fun place.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I take it this is another one of those international trips that I will never get to fly at Southwest. (what am i going to do with myself)

Fly a turn, then another leg home, grab a few beers and watch the Germans get their arses kicked again on the History Channel, go the bed. When you get up the next morning and scratch, just smile at the thought of the "big boys" locked in a small camper for the same 20 hours.

(2 years on the B777, and never flew with more than 1/2 of total fuel load ;) )

I take it this is another one of those international trips that I will never get to fly at Southwest. (what am i going to do with myself)

Grow old and die in stickville without ever seeing the rest of the world in which you live.

So, you probably wouldn't want to go to Lagos, Accra, or Dakar, Senegal either?(that one continues onto Johanesburg too)

Well, you will miss out on Rome, Venice, Nice, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Frankfurt, London, Edinburgh, Paris, Munich, Zurich, Milan, Kiev, Moscow, Istanbul, Dubai, Budapest, Tel Aviv, Copenhagen, Rio, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima, Quito, San Jose (Costa Rica), Liberia (Costa Rica), everywhere in the Carribbean, Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai (eventually), Sydney (rumored), and many more I have forgotten. At least you have the option to go to Lubbock and Islip. Good for you. A lot of the hotels we go to on INTL are 5 stars for security reasons. Enjoy your 1 2 3 rule. But hey, you probably have already seen those cities in the military, right? Riiight. A newhire just got a NYC 767ER INTL FO slot too.

Everyone has different reasons for going to each of those INTL cities. Some Captains have other families in RIO (yikes...), some enjoy the Xmas drinks in Mainz (from restaurants near our FRA hotel), some just want to do a 28 hour 3 day trip (ATL-Tokyo-ATL), etc. You guys get to do intra texas flights (being DAL based), and also get to go East towards Albany, NY, or maybe even a Boise. But, you are paid really well to go to Spokane.... Sweet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Different strokes for different folks..... You can keep El Paso and Lubbock........I know...... Zurich really $ucks..

AAflyer

Latest resources

Back