• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL to Increase Capacity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good news or negotiations physiological warfare?

Any growth at CAL will first produce 89 hour lines and ton of junior manning with barely legal reserves for a couple of years, maybe then recalls.

Please tell me I am wrong..

Good news or negotiations physiological warfare?

Any growth at CAL will first produce 89 hour lines and ton of junior manning with barely legal reserves for a couple of years, maybe then recalls.

Please tell me I am wrong..

Agreed.
The Furlough LOA allowed that the mitigation provisions would go away simply following a system bid that has shown the furloughs back on paper only. It does not require them to actually be back on property. And anyone at CAL knows that a system bid in the spring can be easily negated by the fall system bid.

Agreed.
The Furlough LOA allowed that the mitigation provisions would go away simply following a system bid that has shown the furloughs back on paper only.

The mitigation provisions "could" go away following a system bid that shows the furloughs back on paper, not "would." Once a system bid is awarded showing no furloughs, people can come back on a VOLUNTEER basis. The company can not FORCE anyone on LTVRF or COLA to come back early. I don't believe that you'll see any of this occur before April 2010 anyway (which is when LTVRF/COLA 10 ends), so its kind of a moot point. If it had though, I, for one, would have not come back early unless all of the furloughed pilots had been recalled, trained, and were online.

Latest resources

Back