• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL to Cairo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cairo, been there done that and is looking forward to being recalled and flying domestic! It is good to see some signs of growth and hope that the merger between CAL and UAL will work out for all of us.

Just like everything else in aviation, until it says United on the side, has a United callsign, and United code on the ticket it is a Continental flight.

The ticket already does say United on it. And I am sure the tight wades at CAL will have United painted on the side of the new CAL deliveries to make their point crystal clear.

The CAL call sign will take three years to erase but it is history so enjoy saying during the next year or two.

The ticket already does say United on it. And I am sure the tight wades at CAL will have United painted on the side of the new CAL deliveries to make their point crystal clear.

The CAL call sign will take three years to erase but it is history so enjoy saying during the next year or two.

Chicky, pokenhole pilot, spilt-tail, empty kitcken, BF&P, please crawl back under your rock and get a life. Your pissed of posts reek of severe jealousness.

Thanks, I will. What call sign are you using?

United is easier to say than Continental. At Continental we have basically two types of pronunciation. Those from the Northeast who say "Cut-en-intel"(seemingly struggling)and those from the Midwest and South that say "CAaaaal" and those who think they are somehow important(and this goes for other airlines as well) who say "CAaaaaal's one forty-eight" or something like that. Was behind a Delta 767 one night who checked in every time as "Delta's one fifty-nine HEAVY" at altitude, with the various center controlling agencies. Finally, I followed suit somewhere around Boston right after him with "Boston good evening, Continental's, yes apostrophe "S" possessive forty six HEAVY right behind him level three-three zero." I don't know if the controller got it but someone else on frequency did. We heard a "that's good"...

And that was my five seconds of humor that trip.....

To add to this.....

Any Toolbag on frequency who calls himself "The" (as in "The" United 123, or "THE" Jetblue 123) deserves a beating........with extreme prejudice........Chuck Norris Style!

To add to this.....

Any Toolbag on frequency who calls himself "The" (as in "The" United 123, or "THE" Jetblue 123) deserves a beating........with extreme prejudice........Chuck Norris Style!

Agreed. Along with "XXX's 524" or whatever.

Latest resources

Back