CAL System Bid soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flare,

With all do respect, I couldn't afford LTVRF living in the Northeast. Our pay is paltry enough as it is without whacking off 10-15 hours every month. Glad you can do it, but years 1-5 pay goes no where in the NYC metro area.

I fly a LOW line value and pick up ADV when I need the cash. At no point in time do I have to pick up open time. So as a regular line holder, I play the game far better for a furloughee then someone scooping up open time. After all these guys are bailing out day to day staffing, which is paltry as usual.

The company was going to furlough no matter what, that much was fairly clear. Quite frankly even without the oil spike last summer, CAL probably would of axed guys in the late fall enlight of the credit bubble burst. Not saying I agree with that, but knowing our been counters that seems likely.

As to the other subject, yes G/M guys are picking up open time and probably will take VJM assignments this summer. It is not an epidemic like the scab heroes, but it is very discouraging. So we continue on with paper thin staffing that is only saved by the fact we have enough self serving losers in our group.

Flare,

With all do respect, I couldn't afford LTVRF living in the Northeast. Our pay is paltry enough as it is without whacking off 10-15 hours every month. Glad you can do it, but years 1-5 pay goes no where in the NYC metro area.

I fly a LOW line value and pick up ADV when I need the cash. At no point in time do I have to pick up open time. So as a regular line holder, I play the game far better for a furloughee then someone scooping up open time. After all these guys are bailing out day to day staffing, which is paltry as usual.

The company was going to furlough no matter what, that much was fairly clear. Quite frankly even without the oil spike last summer, CAL probably would of axed guys in the late fall enlight of the credit bubble burst. Not saying I agree with that, but knowing our been counters that seems likely.

As to the other subject, yes G/M guys are picking up open time and probably will take VJM assignments this summer. It is not an epidemic like the scab heroes, but it is very discouraging. So we continue on with paper thin staffing that is only saved by the fact we have enough self serving losers in our group.

Exactly my point. Everyone knows G and M numbers are actively pickup up open time. Apparently you're just an arse that likes the argument. As far as the idiot comment, I stand by it. Just because you're able to do it, doesn't mean that everyone else can. Apparently you have no concept of what I'm talking about. It doesn't mean I'm financially irresponsible, it just means my situation is different. Years 1-5 is a joke in regards to pay. Year 1 will put you in a terrible financial situation and then after that, you're paying back what you borrowed. Everything looks doable on paper, but it's one thing to actually do it. Listen Flare, we're on the same page here. We just see it differently. I've never picked up open time and I only trade things out for better trips. I'll pick up ADVS trips that work for me, but that's its. I have a question for you. How am I suppose to drop any of my trips when PBS gives me a 90+ hour line? There's no coverage and as you know, I must have 1 above min coverage to do that. So boy genius, how can I do anything? Ya ya, the contract. No s***, but that's why we're in negotiations. Anyhow, I'm done discussing this with you.

I find this amusing and very sad....

I am exhausting and as you say an idiot yet we are on the same side of the argument.
Your are correct I don't know you or your situation much like you don't know everyone on property and their situation.

Problem is everyone has an issue or situation.
Everyone has an excuse. It's the contract, no it's the wage, no it's uhhhh something but it's not me!
You need the full skd to live. OK, well your buddy needs all the open time he can get to live. Are the two of you different? You say he is wrong for greed picking up the time yet in a way if you both need the money and can't adjust your lifestyle, are you that different?

Everyone has bills, Everyone has Debt, Everyone has problems. Its a choice you make..... Please explain how I'm the idiot for not living pay check to pay check on 3rd year pay on LTVRF? Please tell us all how being financially responsible is being stupid or is that again too exhausting....

This whole thing started because you said I'd be amazed, or we as a group would be. I'm still waiting to be amazed. Wow'ed if you will. Instead I've found someone who would like to throw stones for someones actions yet won't take responsibility for their own.

The contract needs to limit flying credit at 80-85 hours for all pilots in the event of a furlough. No more for anyone in any category. That is it. No open time, no greed, a straight limit for all. Everyone must tighten their belts together. Sad thing again when we have to write a contract to protect us from our own.....

The idiot comment is in regards to your obvious lack of understanding that others have different situations. You call it an excuse....I call it reality. CAL was going to furlough no matter what. They wanted hostages. As far as the number of G and M numbers....jesus you must be slow. Look it up man and you'll be suprised at how many we have that are doing it. You're like an immature 12 year old. As far as limiting it to 80 hours during furlough...uuhh, we should limit it to that anyway. Any hour over that is 1 1/2 times your pay. But this argument is pointless. It's not in our current contract, so why are we debating this? Anyhow, I feel like I'm debating my next door neighbor's 5 year old about Barney or something.

G's and M's are picking up open time. I sit reserve in Guam and watch the open time daily, just to see which trips I might get assigned. I can tell you for a fact that they are doing it and it sickens me. I've been assigned trips only to have scheduling call me back later, telling me don't worry about that trip someone picked it up.

Boy Genius, Slow, Idiot... I'm the five year old, seriously... I really thought we stopped the whole name calling thing in elementary school. Do you write on the bathroom walls to?

You really debate with a five year old about Barney? Really?

As far as limiting it to 80 hours during furlough...uuhh, we should limit it to that anyway. Any hour over that is 1 1/2 times your pay.

Uhhhh, yeah.... THAT would really fix things around here.... They could furlough 500 more with that incentive to fly over 80 hours.. Greedy M.F.s around here....

Also, M guys have the crappiest schedules, so many, like myself, advertise our junk away, and then rebuild our scheds with open time. It's pretty impossible to see who is actually whoring themselves out, and who is just replacing what they gave away.

Have you guys looked at how many pilots waive credit on the monthly bids, some waiving up to 30 hrs especially during vacation months. This is just as bad as picking up open time. Where is the list of pilots who didn't take all their vacation? I am sure the 147 would love to thank them personally for saving the company again.

Jayson would love some guidance from the union, all of my other friends at other carriers with furloughed pilots seem to get it. The legacy of the scabs extends why past the 83 hires.

Uhhhh, yeah.... THAT would really fix things around here.... They could furlough 500 more with that incentive to fly over 80 hours.. Greedy M.F.s around here....

Also, M guys have the crappiest schedules, so many, like myself, advertise our junk away, and then rebuild our scheds with open time. It's pretty impossible to see who is actually whoring themselves out, and who is just replacing what they gave away.

I agree with what you're saying, but by capping PBS to a lower line value, it'll result in more flying being available for lower paid pilots. I'm not talking about pilots bringing up their line values, I"m talking about PBS awarded schedules over 80 hours. The company would rather have a 30 dollar an hour pilot flying 80 hours than a 88 dollar an hour pilot picking up opentime for 132 dollars an hour when they're over 80 hours. If you take away the incentive to pick up opentime and you have a union that is very aggressive with putting pilots in their place when they do step over the line, then the problem is solved. The only way we'll put an end to it is by putting it in our contract and damaging a pilot's reputation amongst his peers.

Latest resources

Back