• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRACKHEAD

gimme just one mo hit!
Hey guys and gals,

I have a friend that went and spoke to the C.P. at CAL a couple of months ago and he told my buddy to tell me to expect a call in a month for an interview. Well, it's been two months since that happened and I'm getting worried that my stuff got lost in the system. I don't really want to bug my sponsor about it, but I'm getting a little anxious about this call that should of happened a month ago.

Has anyone here recently been told that they were put on the short list? If so, how long did it take to get the call for the interview. Thanks for the info in advance!

CH

I was told the exact same thing last April! My sponsor got me a 10 min sit down with an Asst. C.P. and the Asst. C.P. called HR while I was there and asked the woman in IAH to put me in line for an interview. He said 4-5 months. I allowed for the summer slowdown of hiring but made a few calls in Sept and Oct...nothin'. I have 2 minor background issues 20 years ago and a poor driving record around the same time. All disclosed online and to the Asst. C.P. Nothing bad in over 10 years.

I'm sure my stuff got to the all powerful and all knowing OZ and then right into the circular file. My sponsor said that they don't tell them anything at all and that he'd done all he could do.

This is the third time I've been so close I could taste it. Whatcha gonna do. Thats life. I'm out of ideas.

Good luck to ya.

Last edited:
same here, January 2007, went to IAH on a commute to work, spent all day waiting outside Ops. and ended getting in there and talked to an Asst. CP and he looked over my things online, asked for two more recs from Mgmt from my airline, two days later I submitted them and he then said I was in the short stack. He also said "by May", if not contact me, I did........
8 recs. FA for 3 years, 92-95, and no call yet.

good luck

Hit and Miss according to the folks over there. Kind of sucks that you can't get your friends an interview! Hope you get the call soon.

For what it's worth:

Had a 22 year captain tell me last week that there is no more "short stack"... Everything being done like the SWA system.

For what it's worth:

Had a 22 year captain tell me last week that there is no more "short stack"... Everything being done like the SWA system.

I haven't heard of that but I guess it could be true. I went into the chief pilots office a couple months ago to recommend someone and I was told he looked very good and he is now in the "interview pile". He said he should hear in a month or two and he hasn't heard yet. I'm going in to check on his status this week.

I will post something on here if I find out they changed the interview process.

Good Luck

And how is that exactly? if you don't mind, not at all attacking you or anyone. thanks!
G

For what it's worth:

I also had my resume walked into a C.P. 3 times over a 3 month period and didn't get the interview. I went to a Air Inc. job fair and 2 weeks later got the interview. Start class in a week. Good luck! The job fair seemed to work for me.

I haven't heard of that but I guess it could be true. I went into the chief pilots office a couple months ago to recommend someone and I was told he looked very good and he is now in the "interview pile". He said he should hear in a month or two and he hasn't heard yet. I'm going in to check on his status this week.

I will post something on here if I find out they changed the interview process.

Good Luck

Uniform Shop,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what's going on with your person. It would give me an idea on what I can expect. Thanks for your info.

I hope everyone here gets the call for the interview. I know just how anxious I feel and I'm sure you do too.

I tried going to one of those job fairs that came through my town, but had to fly on those days and there was no way the company was going to give me those days off. Anyways, next time.

Cheers!

For what it's worth:

I walked myself in to the CP not so long ago and was told flat out that they do not do cold calls. They have so many walk-ins that there is no need to pull blindly from a stack of resumes. If you don't get walked in, or at least make yourself known, you are out of luck.

I was a little taken aback, but not surprised. Hell, I'm more than qualified and have been in the system 2 years. Even after walking myself in, still no call.

Latest resources

Back