• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
System Bid is out and it doesn't look like any significant recalls. From what I see there are 40 vacancies. 29 will be taken by pilots who are still on property but did not hold positions on the last bid, which leads me to believe they will have to recall 11.

I bet when the NTSB releases the tapes you will find out all the crew did was program the FMS and autopilot to do an auto-ditching.

Yeah one time at band camp on the way into KEWR, I meant to enter a holding pattern into the FMC and accidentilly hit the "auto ditch" button. Man I was so embarassed.

System Bid is out and it doesn't look like any significant recalls. From what I see there are 40 vacancies. 29 will be taken by pilots who are still on property but did not hold positions on the last bid, which leads me to believe they will have to recall 11.

Unfortunately, they bulletin stated there would be no recalls on this bid. Something about 756 reductions taking the eleven spots. This sucks. I was hoping for some good news for our furloughed pilots. That, and this summer is definitely gonna SUCK!

I am still wondering why they sent out emails to the pool guys saying they hoped to be hiring by late 09. That makes no sense, of course it would be expecting too much otherwise.

I am still wondering why they sent out emails to the pool guys saying they hoped to be hiring by late 09. That makes no sense, of course it would be expecting too much otherwise.

Just more divide and conquer tactics from Mgt. I guess they think the hostages actually have some sway with the MEC.

Duh? This is CAL your talking about. The most retarded airline ever. They are like Mesa, just with bigger planes.

And bigger and fatter captains too!! LOL

Hiring

They could still recall all the furloughees and still hire by the end of '09.

Our next bid will be in August. At peak hiring/training levels, we could bring back 60/mo. So at that rate, everyone could be back from furlough status within 3 mos (assuming they all come back).

Also, the company can issue an adjustment bid any time they want. That would change everything yet again.

I didn't expect them to open up any new bases anyways. That will be used as leverage against us during our contract negotiations. Nothing comes for free.

I hope our negotiation committee is reading 'The Art of War'... I'm not giving up jack sh!t for anything. And retro pay from Jan 1st is not an option.

Rant is over

The Navin

HA. I met Pocono this week. He is really a FedEx guy that likes to get you guys going.

Latest resources

Back