• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL pilot question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about the F/O with the letter at the end of his employee number? are you saying he crossed the picket line but didn't get on the seniority list until 2005/2006? You have essentially told everyone that he is a scab with your post here, friend.

What about the guys with letters after their numbers who don't appear on the scab list and who have hire dates after the strike was over? Are they scabs or "original" CAL guys who didn't get on the seniority list until 1985/1986 somehow? Do you think they are scabs (again, based on your post, you seem to)and call them scabs and treat them differently when you first meet them because of their employee number?

What about the guys who start with a "0"? Where did they come from?

How can I tell a former TI pilot who wears a size 9 shoe and only likes to eat pizza on Saturdays? jeeeeezus.

I'll be happy for the time period after 1. we all get new employee numbers and 2. the "CAL/UAL employee number" cross-reference list is crafted and passed around. For that short period, we will all be UNITED.

I recently flew with a former Eastern pilot who is a "B" number. WTF, man.. he doesn't fit into your "run down".

Posts like this one that you made only serve to destroy unity by pigeon-holing pilots and instilling prejudices and other pre-conceived notions about CAL pilots among non-CAL employees - based upon a number. UGH.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Wow, somebody struck a nerve... Actually, it's a pretty accurate rundown of employee #'s. Also, he pretty well explained that not everybody with a letter at the end of their emp. # are scabs.

I'm glad the scabs have a funny employee number. I know I need to hate them even before meeting them.

Last edited:
We are all supposed to get new employee numbers, all with 6 digits.

What about the F/O with the letter at the end of his employee number? are you saying he crossed the picket line but didn't get on the seniority list until 2005/2006? You have essentially told everyone that he is a scab with your post here, friend.

What about the guys with letters after their numbers who don't appear on the scab list and who have hire dates after the strike was over? Are they scabs or "original" CAL guys who didn't get on the seniority list until 1985/1986 somehow? Do you think they are scabs (again, based on your post, you seem to)and call them scabs and treat them differently when you first meet them because of their employee number?

What about the guys who start with a "0"? Where did they come from?

How can I tell a former TI pilot who wears a size 9 shoe and only likes to eat pizza on Saturdays? jeeeeezus.

I'll be happy for the time period after 1. we all get new employee numbers and 2. the "CAL/UAL employee number" cross-reference list is crafted and passed around. For that short period, we will all be UNITED.

I recently flew with a former Eastern pilot who is a "B" number. WTF, man.. he doesn't fit into your "run down".

Posts like this one that you made only serve to destroy unity by pigeon-holing pilots and instilling prejudices and other pre-conceived notions about CAL pilots among non-CAL employees - based upon a number. UGH.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Guess I should have spent a longer time explaining every possible scenario. Yes, someone hired here prior to 1987 in ANY job can have a letter at the end of their employee # sequence. If they later transferred to a pilot position, they took their employee number with them. TI pilots have 4 number #'s(ex 4127).

I'm not trying to go on a scab hunt here. Heck, I'm trying to clear up some things. I've had Express pilots stare at a gate report printout as it rolled off the printer in the cockpit looking for the "letter" at the end of the CA's employee number. I've explained to several of them that you cannot just take the employee number as a end all method of identifying a scab. Heck, could be a full term striker like John Prater, who has a letter at the end of his employee #.

Management does not even have to divide the CAL pilot group because they do it themselves.

IAHERJ and EX737DRIVER are perfect examples of CAL unionists and management promoters. Unity among the CAL pilot group is non existent which is why ALPA pins are never worn.

Last edited:
Concerning the flow throughs from Continental Express...do their hire dates reflect the date they started at mainline or was it their original date of hire at CalEX?

The hire dates that show for them on the CAL seniority list reflect their COEX date of hire, but their order on the seniority list is by their CAL date of hire.

Guess I should have spent a longer time explaining every possible scenario. Yes, someone hired here prior to 1987 in ANY job can have a letter at the end of their employee # sequence. If they later transferred to a pilot position, they took their employee number with them. TI pilots have 4 number #'s(ex 4127).

I'm not trying to go on a scab hunt here. Heck, I'm trying to clear up some things. I've had Express pilots stare at a gate report printout as it rolled off the printer in the cockpit looking for the "letter" at the end of the CA's employee number. I've explained to several of them that you cannot just take the employee number as a end all method of identifying a scab. Heck, could be a full term striker like John Prater, who has a letter at the end of his employee #.

Well i dont know why you didnt. To me it seems you covered every possible outcome from the second coming of christ to what color underwear I will be wearing next Easter.

Management does not even have to divide the CAL pilot group because they do it themselves.

IAHERJ and EX737DRIVER are perfect examples of CAL unionists and management promoters. Unity among the CAL pilot group is non existent which is why ALPA pins are never worn.

DUDE, I see the ALPA pins all the time. Will you ever give up ? Every time you come up with BS I am going to call you on it.

Our MEC is holding strong. Not only against management but UAL's MEC as well.

So I will call you on your bull.

Dividing the CAL pilot group into fraction by employee number grudges repeats the 27 years of failed unionism at CAL. The only group worth hating and holding a grudge about is the SCABs.

But since it looks like all CAL pilots are of the SCAB mentality go ahead and continue to do managements jobs like the idiots CAL pilots seems to be.

Latest resources

Back