Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a retired EAL friend who is happier than a male FA in the crash position
and a SW FO who would be happy with the rest of his life as is and a UAL
777FO who is scared to return from Mil. leave...point is, it is what you make of it.

Have a good friend at SWA he claims his w2 cleared 185,000 on FO pay (good for him) He does that pickup trips at 2X thing,he is big into the company Kool Aid.

Another buddy pulled up his "board" and found he had at the most 9 days off in any month. No wonder his idea of vacation is a 3 day weekend in Galveston.

I prefer to work to live not live to work.

this guy you mention had 9 days off at SWA?? How that is true is beyond me since the bottom reserve line has 15 to 16 days off in it.

Have a good friend at SWA he claims his w2 cleared 185,000 on FO pay (good for him) He does that pickup trips at 2X thing,he is big into the company Kool Aid.

Another buddy pulled up his "board" and found he had at the most 9 days off in any month. No wonder his idea of vacation is a 3 day weekend in Galveston.

I prefer to work to live not live to work.

Yeah and I have 19 days off this month. Da point was, whatever you are after you can find it at SWA. My buddy at NWA can only make so much....anything over max pay hours gets put into an account, to be used up later.

I know that SWA has mostly 3 days, but what is the availablity of 1 and 2 day trips. Having to do 3-4 days for the rest of my career would be the only downside to SWA for me. Thanks.

Not to dump on my buds but SWA does have a "cap" of sorts. When you reach the monthly cap, roughly 115% of line average, then you become junior to everyone else who makes themselves available for 2x pay.

Secondly the bottom feeders have 15 days off ON THEIR LINE. Problem is we are all whores who pick up on our days off thus reducing to whatever your personal limit of time off is.

Thirdly, If you don't like 3 or 4 days go somewher else. We have more turns and 2 days LATELY in my base but you've got to be pretty senior to get them. I'd guess that you'd be a captain for 8-10 years before you could hold them. As an FO you'll get them the last year before you upgrade.

Gup

Many on here think the rates at CAL will always be lower than SWA. Look anything is possible but I believe more than likely on CAL's next contract 737's rates will be as good or better than SWA's and the larger airplanes considerably higher than SWA.

Nothing in this business lasts forever good or bad.

Man I hope so. It's getting heavy holding the bar. ;) Seriously, It's high time for you guys. Congrats on the profit sharing.

Gup

Look anything is possible but I believe more than likely on CAL's next contract 737's rates will be as good or better than SWA's and the larger airplanes considerably higher than SWA.

Only if the bottom half of the seniority list stands up and says so.

Only if the bottom half of the seniority list stands up and says so.

Not true. It will take everyone. Its time to for all of us to act like Continental pilots not old Cal, Ti, PEX, NYA, Frontier, Scab, New hire after strike, CALEXP, Really new hires (since 98).

If you want a good or great contract instead of the pos we have all of us need to together unify and earn it.

The type of attitude you endorse is just going to get us another pos contract. Think about it.

Frats,

CAL SPC Strike Coordinator

Latest resources

Back