• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL MEC considering leaving JCBA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't solve anything. The issue is trust and neither has it in one another. What else is he going to say? JP will never be trusted and your Council 12 needs a leash. The resolutions that were passed just shows the direction that the United folks wants to take this.

Yawn..... :rolleyes:

Come on man, easy does it. That is a good update and let's let Heppner try to right the ship. Remember what city Council 12 is in. They want to get some frustration off their chests. Fine. Let them vent. I think they are going to find out that CAL profit sharing resulted from a greivance settlement and is therefore in the clear. They [UAL] have not adjudicated a greivance in their favor in a very long time and might have forgotten how it works? Or, Wendy just wanted the CAL guys to do all the heavy lifting? Maybe? I don't know but that's all played out. Wendy did her thing, JP has done his, and now JH can step up and finish this thing off.

Thats the problem with UAL, only looking out for the senior pilots, FURLOUGH PROTECTION IS WORTHLESS!!!!????? You my friend have probably never been put on the street, KISS MY %^&$#*( !@#

Try to see the big picture. Judging by the maturaty of your post I can see where that might be difficult. UAL is cancelling LOA's, Gearing ou the training center, bringing LOA's back early to train in order tocover summer flying, bracing for the senior guys to have "health" issues as they get close to 65 and of course retirements begin again in 11 months. The company offering forlough protection now is like offering a drowning guy some relief with a glass a water.

Don't get involved in a poker tournament you will lose your a$$.

Try to see the big picture. Judging by the maturaty of your post I can see where that might be difficult. UAL is cancelling LOA's, Gearing ou the training center, bringing LOA's back early to train in order tocover summer flying, bracing for the senior guys to have "health" issues as they get close to 65 and of course retirements begin again in 11 months. The company offering forlough protection now is like offering a drowning guy some relief with a glass a water.

Don't get involved in a poker tournament you will lose your a$$.

Please cite a reference for the company CANCELLING LOAs. You are incorrect that LUAL is cancelling LOAs; they simply aren't granting/extending long term LOAs. 77 LUAL pilots were granted 90 day LOAs for Jan-Mar. 75 for Dec-Feb. 77 for Nov-Jan. Anyone coming off of a long term LOA could have gotten a short term LOA (90 days or less). The company has been granting blanket short term LOAs; the only exception was a few 777FOs.
Please read the latest (Dec 2011) SSC report.
LUAL is liquidating vacation time rather than buying any back.
What percentage of the 757 lineholders are getting lines constructed at/near min guarantee?

Here's a fun little exercise for you. Divide total number of block hours flown in the latest SSC report by the number of line pilots. Then do the same from 12 months ago. Were LUAL pilots flying more block hours/line pilot in Oct 2011 or Oct 2010?
Here's another fun exercise. If LUAL parked 1 757/month would that would offset all retirements? How many 757s are currently programmed to be parked next year? How about 747s?

If Wendy Morse is at the table I'd pay 10 pts to Tony Soprano to ante up.

She's not, in case you missed it we have had a change of the guard. Hopefully JH has better luck. This entire thread and all the bantering goes away with a JCBA. Then we can all moan and argue about the SLI.

She's not, in case you missed it we have had a change of the guard. Hopefully JH has better luck. This entire thread and all the bantering goes away with a JCBA. Then we can all moan and argue about the SLI.

I am well aware and it's great she left in a blaze of glory with her loud mouthed side kick. You want JCBA as does everyone NOW. So stop bickering over side deals while biting on rumors about JP and selling out PS for pay increases. Let's get this GD thing done.

I am well aware and it's great she left in a blaze of glory with her loud mouthed side kick. You want JCBA as does everyone NOW. So stop bickering over side deals while biting on rumors about JP and selling out PS for pay increases. Let's get this GD thing done.

It be a lot easier to stop bickering about side deals if your side would stop making them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back