• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL MEC considering leaving JCBA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know where you heard that. This is the second time I have read this from you. It is not true. We have not received a pay raise since 1998. The profit sharing was never voted away. It expired when our contract expired. Because we had announced the merger and had agreed to JCBA talks, the TPA extended the profit sharing for a year. It was assumed that the JCBA would be done in less than 6 months however we are where we are and the profit sharing was only extended for a year. We never voted it away and certainly have not received higher pay.
Ok I'll take your word for it.

First of all, many UAL guys have gotten way too emotional. If a CAL guy asks a simple question like "on the London layover is there a place where I can buy a roll of toilet paper?" there are 10 responses on how he can stick the paper up his behind and 5 more on how j pierce actually stole that paper from the UAL guys. The pettiness has to stop so we can ask the hard questions. And actually listen to the answers.
With that said, why did pierce make the deal? The company came to him to give PS. Does that sound like the company we all know and love (hate)? Something else was either implicitly promised or explicitly agreed to. I laugh every time somebody says that this was something the CAL MEC "negotiated". Is that what they call it when the company wants to give you something?
I think the UAL MEC never wanted a deal and thus made a decision to ask for something the company wouldn't give. Maybe they thought CAL agreed with that philosophy. As sad as it is, the TPA should have expired completely on Dec 31. No more deals with the company until they hand us the whole enchilada. They could do it in two weeks flat if they wanted to. We give them no reason to want to. Frats. -ML
In regards to your first paragraph I would hope you are not experiencing that. We are pissed at JP but we assume he does NOT represent the pilot group. (No pun intended)

In regards to your second paragrapg, I agree. The fact that the company wanted to do it should have been a major red flag!!!

I don't know where you heard that. This is the second time I have read this from you. It is not true. We have not received a pay raise since 1998. The profit sharing was never voted away. It expired when our contract expired. Because we had announced the merger and had agreed to JCBA talks, the TPA extended the profit sharing for a year. It was assumed that the JCBA would be done in less than 6 months however we are where we are and the profit sharing was only extended for a year. We never voted it away and certainly have not received higher pay.

So Eagle was corrected again? Amazing. Also Eagle, if you get 2 profit sharing checks for 2011, then how's that not double. It's suppose to be equals right? Sure, it's in your contract. Congrats!! We would of been without and your ok with that. Typical United. Now you're whining because your MEC lost their strategy. You guys wanted us to pass on ps just because. I'm sure you guys would of done the same. Just like the 747 pay issue right? Not like pay increases for everyone, you guys wanted super premium pay for you guys. Ya, seniority grab huh? Classic United. Why is your merger committee blocking our request for information from United? Why did your merger committee meet with our counterparts and throw them a floppy disk and walk out? Ya working together.

Last edited:
Read Kravits report on there. For what it's worth it was validated at the council 12 meeting today. Jay P is compromised plain and simple. With his employment history how can he possibly not be in managements pocket. That makes him very difficult to work with, ie can you trust him. Very difficult situation. The CO MEC ,to their credit,was not unaminously in favor of his actions re profit sharing.

If you're going to use Kravit's view of the world as gospel then you need to organize recall votes for Heppner and Perry. Or are you going to ignore Kravit's post titled: 'Heppener and Perry: Mutineers, Dumb, or Just Dumb Mutineers'?

I'm so glad you started this thread, there really isn't enough bitching at each other on every other web forum. Let's face it, we pissed of L-UAL enough they passed a bunch of stupid resolutions in ORD. Now they'll really piss us off, what could possibly go wrong?

We could have followed Delta's example, or USAirways. The company very easily goaded us into the USAirways model. Great choices all around. I know, let's see how else we can screw with each other while not getting a new contract!

Jay said it himself during the last conference call. I called my buddy that's in a position to know this and he confirmed that it's being discussed seriously this week. Whether or not they go down this path, who knows!! But, I was told that more and more people within CALALPA's MEC are starting to be in favor of it. My buddy even said he thinks it's a real possibility that might not be all that bad for us. He stated that it's a shame the United pilots are being misrepresented by their union and it's gonna be a disaster for them. Good luck United folks, I hope we leave JCBA and bid a farewell.

Were you listening to the same conference call I was??? JP very clearly stated that the reps were totally against the idea of negotiating a contract just on the CAL side. He mentioned multiple times that our focus on a JCBA has not changed. This whole post is a joke unless that statement made in the conference call was utter BS. You are just feeding the fire with this garbage.

Were you listening to the same conference call I was??? JP very clearly stated that the reps were totally against the idea of negotiating a contract just on the CAL side. He mentioned multiple times that our focus on a JCBA has not changed. This whole post is a joke unless that statement made in the conference call was utter BS. You are just feeding the fire with this garbage.

Don't bother bringing facts and reasoning to the bomb tossers on each side. Hey at least this thread is reaching the spent testosterone levels of the LUV-Citrus Slugfests.

Btw Eagle, well played with the 'Kravit Report' and the no profit sharing for a raise claim. You are bringing the truth like The Reverend on Sunday! Did you know that Abbott's daughter is married to Pierce's Best Man!?!

He speaks the truth!

So Eagle was corrected again? Amazing. Also Eagle, if you get 2 profit sharing checks for 2011, then how's that not double. It's suppose to be equals right? Sure, it's in your contract. Congrats!! We would of been without and your ok with that. Typical United. Now you're whining because your MEC lost their strategy. You guys wanted us to pass on ps just because. I'm sure you guys would of done the same. Just like the 747 pay issue right? Not like pay increases for everyone, you guys wanted super premium pay for you guys. Ya, seniority grab huh? Classic United. Why is your merger committee blocking our request for information from United? Why did your merger committee meet with our counterparts and throw them a floppy disk and walk out? Ya working together.

Sometimes you make sense sometimes you don't.

We didn't want double we wanted an equal increase. How is that not fair??? You DESERVE PS no doubt. We deserved an equal increase. If you do not agree with that then there are major issues with your thinking.

We put the 747 issue to rest as this was industry standard (Delta) and there was no chance of that sticking. That said I think the 747 should pay more, not for our guys but for whoever is flying them. You seem to be assuming it would only be our side which is making an assumption about the SLI before it is done. The pay was banded at the time of the snapshot. I would think that is all you need to meet your needs for an arbitrator.

If by Information you mean the W2 issue I hope your kidding. Joe Blow can go on line and see what we make I have to assume your MEC knows as well.

Jay said it himself during the last conference call. I called my buddy that's in a position to know this and he confirmed that it's being discussed seriously this week. Whether or not they go down this path, who knows!! But, I was told that more and more people within CALALPA's MEC are starting to be in favor of it. My buddy even said he thinks it's a real possibility that might not be all that bad for us. He stated that it's a shame the United pilots are being misrepresented by their union and it's gonna be a disaster for them. Good luck United folks, I hope we leave JCBA and bid a farewell.

The two Jays were in Chicago just yesrterday meeting with the company. Doesn't really add up to the title of this thread.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back